Vietnam has emerged as a favored destination among foreign firms looking to invest in property, with prices standing at among the best value in Southeast Asia. Vietnam has emerged as a favored destination for foreign property investors Last year, Japanese investors Nishi Nippon Railroad and Hankyu Realty hooked up with a local property firm to develop a residential project with total investment of US$350 million in Ho Chi Minh City. Half of the funding came from the two Japanese firms, while the rest was put up by their local partner. Japan’s Mitsubishi Corp. has also diversified its portfolio in Vietnam by buying into a property development project in Hanoi, which has total investment of US$1.9 billion. The company signed a partnership deal with Vietnam’s Bitexco Group after acquiring a 45 percent stake in the first phase of the former’s The Manor Central Park project in Hoang Mai District. Bitexco holds the remaining 55 percent. This foreign interest has … [Read more...] about Vietnam emerging as attractive destination for foreign property investors
Recycled building materials struggle for development 21:00 | 20/03/2018 Traditional natural building materials are being gradually depleted and have shown great limitations, while the development of new and artificial types of building materials has ... Greening out real estate projects 16:56 | 20/03/2018 Developers in Ho Chi Minh City are trying to realise the dream of greening out their real estate projects. Green buildings An indispensable trend 15:53 | 15/03/2018 Green building has become a growing trend worldwide and real estate developers in Vietnam have begun to pay heed. Property sales in Industry 4.0 era 21:00 | 13/03/2018 Applying advanced technology is not only helping real estate buyers and sellers to … [Read more...] about Vietnam Property Outlook 2017
Probability of a bubble Vo Huynh Tuan Kiet Since its quick recovery in 2014, the Vietnamese real estate market has witnessed an unparalleled supply of new projects being constantly launched and with good net absorption. Along with the market’s traditional segments, new products have been introduced, such as second-home villas, condotels, and officetels. Since 2015, the Vietnamese government loosened its requirements for foreigners to buy and own properties in Vietnam, which helped attract more foreign investors to the market (Figures 1 and 2). Nonetheless, many experts and investors have cast doubts upon this rapid recovery, predicting underlying risks. These risks include an oversupply of high-end projects, the return of speculators, and falling market demand. The biggest concern would be another property bubble akin to the one that shook the market in 2007 and froze the property market until 2013. The market is still paying the cost of this previous bubble. As the … [Read more...] about Signs of another property bubble?
The State will have breakthroughs in the reform of legal regulations and business investment conditions for the domestic real estate market this year, according to experts.– Photo batdongsanexpress.vn The State will have breakthroughs in the reform of legal regulations and business investment conditions for the domestic real estate market this year, according to experts. The Ministry of Construction will prioritise completion of the reforms. Nguyen Manh Khoi, deputy director of the Ministry of Construction’s Department of Housing Management and Real Estate Market, said this at a seminar on property business held by the Vneconomy newspaper and the Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry earlier this week. The ministry is planning to submit a draft resolution on reforming administrative procedures to the Government in the second quarter of this year, Khoi said. In the draft resolution, it’s expected to create more favourable conditions for economic sectors, … [Read more...] about State dials up reforms of property market rules
A customer browses a Vietnamese online shopping site (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) - The establishment of an intellectual property court in Vietnam is in sight but has yet to be completed, a deputy chief inspector of the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) has said. Unlike in foreign countries where the court plays a major role in handling violations of intellectual property rights, Vietnam’s court system has not asserted its power strongly on the matter, according to Nguyen Nhu Quynh, MOST’s deputy chief inspector. “About 98.4 percent of the violations in Vietnam in the 2012-15 period, including online infringement, were handled by inspectors from administrative agencies,” she said. “There needs be an intellectual property court in Vietnam, but we don’t know when it will be established,” she said at a conference on intellectual property enforcement in the digital world held in Hanoi on March 12. While the prospect of an … [Read more...] about Intellectual property court on way in Vietnam