Foden, who scored the winner in their 2-1 first-leg victory, fired in off the post in the 76th minute after Mahrez had converted a 55th-minute penalty to secure a 4-2 aggregate triumph and send City into the last four for the second time.
* Real Madrid moved into the semi-finals of the Champions League after their makeshift defence held on for 0-0 second-leg draw with Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday (Apr 14) to complete a 3-1 aggregate win.
* Rome’s Stadio Olimpico was confirmed as a Euro 2020 host venue on Wednesday after the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) told UEFA that fans would be allowed to attend matches. A FIGC statement on Tuesday said that at least 25% of the 72,698-seater Olimpico would be filled after receiving government approval.
* Novak Djokovic swept past promising Italian teenager Jannik Sinner in two sets in Monte Carlo on Wednesday (Apr 14) on the Serbian world number one’s first appearance since claiming the Australian Open in February. It proved a one-sided contest at the Monte Carlo Country Club, with Djokovic sweeping into the next round 6-4, 6-2 in one hour and 34 minutes.
* Veteran Iranian defender Seyed Jalal Hosseini struck the only goal as last year’s beaten finalists Persepolis made a winning start to their Asian Champions League campaign with a 1-0 victory over Al Wahda in Goa on Wednesday.
* Boualem Khoukhi’s deflected strike earned Xavi Hernandez’s Al Sadd a 1-1 draw with Foolad from Iran on Wednesday as the Qatari club launched their Asian Champions League campaign in Riyadh.
* Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela has been banned for 10 matches for “racist behaviour” in their Europa League last-16 match against Scottish side Rangers last month, UEFA said on Wednesday.
* Eight-time Japanese champions Kashima Antlers have fired head coach Antonio Carlos Zago, the club said on Wednesday. The Brazilian has been replaced by former Kashima full back Naoki Soma, after a disappointing start to the season in which Antlers won just twice in their first eight games.