The 18-year-old worker and other builders were working on the cultural, sport and broadcasting center for Binh Minh Town at around 10 a.m.
As the scaffolding fell from seven meters above ground, hundreds of kilograms of construction materials fell on him. He was rushed to a hospital in Can Tho for treatment, but did not survive.
The cultural, sport and broadcasting center for Binh Minh Town began construction in November last year, with an investment of VND99 billion ($4.1 million). It is constructed over a 3,000-square-meter area, and would have several facilities like swimming pools, tennis courts and playgrounds. It is expected to be completed in 2023.
- ByteDance worker dies after collapsing at gym, again raising 996 discussion on Chinese social media
- Strong winds: Scaffolding collapses and Dartford bridge closed
- Tributes paid to student who died after collapsing during basketball game
- Job-hopping workers leave HCMC factories on their hiring toes
- In Vietnam, blind farmer inspires the sighted
- Tributes to man, 73, killed in bridge collapse that saw 10 hurt as family release photo of ‘popular’ pensioner
- Vietnamese Woman Dies after Receiving AstraZeneca Vaccine Shot
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 11
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES FEBRUARY 7
- HCMC factories knock on doors in other localities to recruit workers
- HCMC factories go headhunting for workers
- Bad memories, fear of Covid mean migrant workers shun cities, cause labor shortage
Worker dies after scaffolding collapses in southern Vietnam have 208 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 5, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.