Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRSC) will send emergency aid worth 330 million VND (13,830 USD) in cash and kind to help flood victims in the two central provinces of Nghe An and Ha Tinh.
The VRSC Central Committee on October 1 announced that Nghe An will receive 100 million VND and 200 relief packages while Ha Tinh will get 50 million USD and 100 flood relief boxes, to be distributed to families with injured victims, or those whose houses and crops destroyed and seriously damaged by flooding.
The Investment and Trade Consultancy Co Ltd (Intraco) has sent some 1,000 water filters worth 1.1 billion VND through the VRSC to flood-hit families in Nghe An.
On September 29, the VRCS Central Committee provided assistance in cash and kind worth 640 million VND for people in Quang Nam and Quang Ngai central provinces victimised by Typhoon Noru, the fourth one to enter the East Sea this year.
The storm caused heavy rain, floods and landslides in the central and Central Highlands regions./.
- Nestlé Vietnam joins efforts to aid flood-hit Central Vietnam
- Thai PM orders urgent assistance for flood victims
- Coronavirus digest: Red Cross warns of vaccine 'fake news'
- IFRC Secretary General lauds cooperation with Vietnam
- At least 1.5 million Tet gifts to be presented to poor, AO victims
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 4
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 3
- EU, AFD support climate resilience, recovery in north central Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 1
- NA Chairwoman visits families of rescuers who died in central region flooding
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 8
- EU, France to help Vietnam towns strengthen climate resilience
Vietnam Red Cross sends aid to flood victims in Nghe An, Ha Tinh have 259 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.