Inspecting the progress of the airport project on October 2, the top legislator lauded the province's performance in building the Long An – Binh Son resettlement areas, requesting the locality to ensure that the living conditions in the area is equal to or higher than that in the old one.
He underlined that the Long Thanh project has seen a slow progress as it has so far spanned through three N.A. tenures. However, the N.A. Chairman noted that recently, under the direction of the Government and the direct management of Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh, the project has been sped up.
As scheduled, in the first phase, one runway and one passenger terminal of Long Thanh International Airport will be put into operation by 2025, enabling the airport to welcome 25 million passengers and handle 1.2 million tonnes of cargo per year. This means there are only three years left to complete the plan, he noted, stressing the need to take drastic actions to ensure the progress of the project.
He asked Dong Nai to report all difficulties and obstacles facing the implementation of the project to the N.A. Standing Committee to seek timely solutions.
The top legislator assigned the N.A. General Secretary and Chairman of the N.A. Office to organize a working session to find solutions to the difficulties, highlighting that the N.A. always accompany the Government and localities during this important project.
He requested the ACV to select contractors with full financial capacity and experience to construct the project, ensuring openness and transparency during the process.
Earlier the same day, N.A. Chairman Hue, along with Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh, also inspected the Ben Luc-Long Thanh expressway project, which has been completed by 79.65%, slower than the schedule.
The N.A. Standing Committee has approved a plan to allocate 30.22 trillion VND (1.26 billion USD) from the middle-term public investment plan to the Ministry of Construct to implement the project.
He also visited the resettlement area at Loc An and Binh Son communes, Long Thanh district for those who have to move to give space for the project.
- Deputy PM urges faster progress of Long Thanh International Airport project
- No more time for delays to Long Thành Airport
- Dam over troubled waters: Why the Mekedatu water project continues to divide Karnataka and Tamil Nadu
- NovaWorld Phan Thiet attracts investors as highways and airport near completion
- Long An cultivating strong pro-business environment
- Slow progress of site clearance for Rach Mieu 2 Bridge project
- HCM City Ring Road No3 project: a strategic traffic axis: City's chair
- Construction of $103mn domestic terminal proposed for airport in northern Vietnam
- Resolutions on major road projects, special policies for Khanh Hoa adopted
- Flight delays today LIVE: Ryanair & Easyjet cancel more flights today as airport travel chaos continues
- Look back at the Badgerys Creek airport debate
- Vietnam, US ink multimillion-dollar cooperation projects during American diplomat’s visit
N.A. leader requires accelerating ground clearance for Long Thanh airport project have 476 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 4, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.