After returning to Vietnam, the patient went to Tu Du Hospital for a health check on September 23 and was suspected of contracting an infectious disease, so she was transferred to HCMC Dermatology Hospital. The doctor examined and suspected that she had been infected with monkeypox, so she was isolated to take samples for diagnostic testing (Real-time PCR test at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases and the Pasteur Institute in HCMC).
On September 25, the patient had initial results positive for monkeypox and was transferred to the Hospital for Tropical Diseases in HCMC for further isolation and treatment and was taken samples for genome sequencing at the Clinical Research Unit of Oxford University in cooperation with the Hospital for Tropical Diseases in HCMC.
After receiving information that the patient was suspected of having monkeypox, the MoH asked the People’s Committee of HCMC to direct specialized agencies to continue to take disease prevention measures, urgently conduct the genome sequencing test, and continue the epidemiological investigation, outbreak handling, isolation, and treatment of patients following the guidance of the MoH.
At the same time, the MoH asked the People’s Committees of the provinces and municipalities to strengthen measures to prevent and control the monkeypox epidemic.
Currently, the patient is in stable health, with no fever, and is being isolated and treated at the Hospital for Tropical Diseases in HCMC following the guidance of the MoH.
With the information extracted through the epidemiological investigation and the Real-time PCR test and genome sequencing results, the MoH determined that this was a monkeypox case transmitted from abroad. All people in close contact with the patient in Vietnam are monitored and supervised according to regulations, and no suspected cases have been detected.
To actively prevent the epidemic, the MoH requested the People’s Committees of provinces and cities to actively develop, complete, and deploy a plan to respond to the monkeypox epidemic in their localities; step up the strict disease surveillance at border gates, medical examination and treatment facilities, and in the community for early detection and timely prevention of the epidemic.
Provinces and cities should be ready to collect, treat, assign treatment channels and isolate patients, perform well the distribution and infection control at medical examination and treatment facilities, and promote information to people about disease prevention measures at border gates and in the community.
The MoH will strengthen inspection, supervision, and direction of epidemic prevention and control in localities; continue to coordinate with the World Health Organization, the US CDC, and the National IHR focal points of countries to review and update information on pathogens, testing equipment, and biological products for the diagnosis, and update communication materials.
The MoH will continue to update guidelines and organize training for health workers at all levels on disease surveillance, publicize risks, preventive measures, ways to care for and treat monkeypox patients and prevent infection control in healthcare facilities.
By Thanh An – Translated by Gia Bao
- One more COVID-19 case recorded, taking tally to 271
- South Korea reports ZERO new domestic coronavirus cases and Vietnam declares it has contained the virus, with testing and early quarantines the reasons for their success
- No new cases recorded as British pilot remains critical
- We WILL take action against China and the World Health Organization says Donald Trump as intelligence agencies are ordered to find out what Beijing really knew about coronavirus
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 3
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 4
- Vietnam has greatly improved over years: expats
- Vietnam goes six days straight with no new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam's wartime strategy successfully deployed for COVID-19 battle
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 2
- March 22: VN records largest increase in new coronavirus infections
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 30
MoH takes action after first monkeypox case recorded in Vietnam have 670 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.