With 1,105 reviews commenting on its colors, Hoi An ranked third on the list after Nyhavn in Denmark with 2,755 reviews and Chihuly Garden and Glass in the U.S. with 1287 reviews, according to data collected last July by the London-based tour opeprator.
It used Tripadvisor’s search function by keywords and location on the “Things to do” tab and then searched the word “colorful” in every country of the world.
“The small town is renowned for its mix of Japanese, Chinese and French influences and streets lit with lanterns of all shapes, sizes and, more importantly, colors,” it noted.
“In the evenings the lights from the yellow painted buildings and orange sun reflect off the water in a captivating way.”
Colorful floating lanterns are also a distinct feature of Hoi An, which hosts the lantern festival on the 14th day of each lunar month, when all electric lights of the town are switched off.
The other colorful places on the list were: Park Guell in Spain, Bo-kaap in South Africa, Jardin Majorelle in Morocco, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood in Russia, Park and National Palace of Pena in Portugal, Dubai Miracle Garden in the United Arab Emirates, La Boca in Argentina, and Busan Gamcheon Culture Village in South Korea.
- Hoi An among world's best places to visit in July
- Ukraine dreams of rebuilding the world’s largest airplane. Can Richard Branson help?
- Planning a Romantic Trip to Paris? Here Are the Places You Must Visit There
- Xi’s Hong Kong visit marks its new era under Beijing’s control
- Pub selling pints for 'unheard of' prices sees punters around the country vow to visit
- ‘No one has a sixth sense’: Pakistan Foreign Minister defends Imran Khan’s controversial Moscow visit
- Gone and quickly forgotten: World shrugs shoulders at fall of Boris Johnson – except for Ukraine
- China’s top diplomat visits Myanmar amid opposition protest
- Defense Secretary James Mattis was well placed to respond to North Korea's latest missile launch
- 'Third-world jail' where Maxwell will live alongside rapists, murderers and terrorists
- World Cup stadium stands will be alcohol-free under Qatari curbs: Source
- China on track for recession in autumn - risk of 'entrenched inflation' for whole world
Hoi An among world's most colorful places to visit have 358 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.