In the worst-case scenario, the GDP will grow at 7.5 percent, provided that many challenges and uncertainties are expected in the fourth quarter of this year, Phuong told reporters.
Commenting on Vietnam's economic outlook for 2023, he said there will be both challenges and opportunities, but the former are likely to outweigh the latter and be even tougher in the wake of inflationary pressure worldwide and gloomy global economic outlook.
He noted that global inflation, particularly in major economies as well as Vietnam’s key partners, is unlikely to ease over the next one or two months but certainly will linger on in 2023.
The official also voiced concern over other threats to the Vietnamese economy, emphasizing the ongoing Russia-Ukraine crisis and non-conventional risks like storms, flooding, and epidemics.
The MPI forecast the Vietnamese economy will expand around 6.5 percent in 2023 in a growth scenario submitted to the Government, he said.
The deputy minister also revealed that 46.7 percent of the total public investment has been disbursed so far this year.
- Fourth-quarter GDP growth hits 2.6 percent, beating estimates
- S. Korean reliance on foreign markets for growth hit 4-year high in 2018 | Yonhap News Agency
- Atlanta Fed Raises U.S. First Quarter GDP Growth View to 0.4 Percent
- US Economist: China's GDP Growth Could Be Half of Reported Number
- Trump sees strong GDP growth. Here's what business economists predict for 2019
- Atlanta Fed Slashes GDP Growth Prediction to Near Zero
- Atlanta Fed Raises 1Q GDP Growth View to 0.5 Percent
- German economy posts weakest growth in five years
- Austerity has cut UK GDP growth by almost £100bn, new report says
- Annual economic growth hits 3 percent, defying predictions of Trump critics
- Trump's misleading spin on the 2018 GDP growth rate
- Worst. President. Ever: Obama First President EVER to Not Reach 3% GDP Growth
GDP growth to hit 8 percent this year in base-case scenario: Official have 313 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.