During the event, both sides agreed to regularly share information and together conduct patrols to address all law violations at sea, especially the illegal, unreported, and unregulated (IUU) fishing. They will also promote dissemination and education work to raise public awareness of law observance in the protection and sustainable development of aquatic resources in line with economic activities and ensuring national defense and security at sea.
Meanwhile, the two sides should closely work together to strictly manage the registration of fishing vessels, fishing licenses, among others, so as to ensure safety for people and fishing equipment.
According to Vice Chairman of Soc Trang provincial People's Committee Vuong Quoc Nam, several localities in the province such as Tran De district and Vinh Chau town have fishing traditions. Currently, the province owns Tran De port – one of the large-scale ports of the Mekong Delta region. Therefore, the signing event held important significance, contributing to reducing the number of IUU cases, while maintaining stability to both develop the economy and protect the national sovereignty over sea and islands.
Concluding the conference, the Soc Trang provincial People's Committee and the Coast Guard Region 4 Command signed regulation on coordination in management of fisheries activities and were determined to effectively perform the task.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Coast Guard battles to ensure law at sea
- Greater efforts to fight IUU fishing towards sustainable fisheries
- GS’s deputy chief inspects islands in Kien Giang province
- Whole People’s Border Guard Day observed nationwide
- Ships are killing whales off the California coast. Slowing the vessels down could save their lives
- China conducting military drills close to Vietnam coast
- China conducting military drills near Vietnam coast
- Two more bodies in boat accident in Quang Nam found
- No more new coal-fired thermal power plants for Mekong Delta by 2030
- Mekong Delta to have 800 km of expressways by 2030
- Vietnam’s shrimp exports to US exceed $1bn for first time
- Mekong Delta gradually removes bottlenecks for sustainable development
Coast Guard Region 4, Soc Trang province to coordinate in fisheries have 320 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 13, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.