Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnamese Foreign Ministry's State Commission for Overseas Vietnamese (SCOV) on October 5 received a token of COVID-19 prevention and control aid worth some 1.8 billion VND (75,408 USD) from the Vietnamese Buddhist cultural centre in the Republic of Korea (RoK).
The aid consists of 5,000 bottles of nasal and throat spray to prevent and support the treatment of COVID-19 and other epidemics caused by viruses and bacteria. They will be sent to the Vietnamese Buddhist community living, working, and studying in the RoK.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Chairman of the committee Pham Quang Hieu said the policy of the Party and State of taking care of the overseas Vietnamese community is reflected in many important documents.
He thanked the centre and related donors and philanthropists for their meaningful activities in support of Vietnam and Vietnamese expatriates, hoping them to continue such contributions.
For her part, nun Thich Nu Gioi Tanh, head of the centre, expressed her gratitude for the ministry and committee's assistance to activities of the centre and the Vietnamese expatriates in the RoK./.
- 19 things to do this weekend around Colorado Springs: Rainbow Falls walk, Casting Crowns, fire trucks, Cool Science
- UPS Employees Advance 2020 Goal To Contribute 20 Million Volunteer Hours Of Service In Communities Around The World
- Community Calendar for September 5
- Community Calendar for August 29
- Lacking resources for an aging LGBTQ community
- 15 From UGA to Broaden Their Horizons With 2018-19 Fulbright Study and Teaching Grants
- USF alum Steven Reigns brings ‘The Gay Rub’ to Tampa
- Winners for Africa’s Top Real Estate Developments announced at The Africa Property Investment (API) Summit & Expo 2018
- Things to know about things to do this October in Naperville
- Things to know about things to do in Naperville until Halloween
- Estranged in America
- School Search 2018: Pinellas options include magnets, academies, fundamentals
Buddhist cultural centre offers COVID-19 aid to Vietnamese community in RoK have 310 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 5, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.