VinES Energy Solutions Joint Stock Company, a member of Vingroup – Vietnam's biggest private conglomerate, has received the green light from provincial authorities to build the battery plant in Vung Ang Economic Zone in Ky Anh Town, Ha Tinh Economic Zone Management Board, which manages Vung Ang Economic Zone, said Saturday.
Covering an area of over 14 hectares, the plant will produce lithium ferro phosphate (LFP) battery cells used in electric automobiles and energy storage systems. The plant's design capacity of 5 GWh a year means that it can annually churn out 30 million LFP battery cells.
The plant's construction is expected to complete in the fourth quarter of 2023 or the first quarter of 2024, to commence mass production in the third quarter of 2024.
In December 2021, VinES Energy Solutions Joint Stock Company started construction of a battery factory with total investment of over VND4 trillion in Ky Anh Town. Construction of the factory's workshops has already been completed, and equipment installation has just begun.
Provincial authorities plan to turn Vung Anh Economic Zone into a multi-functional economic center with pillars including metallurgy, energy, logistics and seaport services in the coming years.
- North Korea May Be Actively 'Building Underground Nuclear Power Plant'
- FCA To Electrify Jeep Vehicles; To Expand Production Capacity At Michigan Plant
- How lithium-ion batteries went from primitive power to global domination
- Battery Fire At Power Plant Kept Milford Firefighters Busy
- VW Will Build EVs At 16 Different Factories By Late 2022
- Singapore researchers develop way to simplify lithium-sulfur battery production
- China Carmakers Getting Ready To Build More, Much More, In India
- SF Eats: Grilled Cheese Kitchen Closing In FiDi, Mina To Open Plant-Based Eatery In Cow Hollow
- Veteran Receives 5 Years In Prison For Planting Bomb At Hospital
- Tesla Turns a Profit—and Builds a Chinese Factory Very Fast
- Startup founded by ex-Navy SEALs is building underwater robots to map the ocean
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
Vingroup to build $255-mln battery plant have 308 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.