Addressing a forum on the Mekong River Commission recently held at the Flemmish Parliament in Brussels, Thao suggested that Flanders-Mekong cooperation should focus on cross-border water management and hi-tech agriculture in adaptation to climate change, given the challenges facing the Mekong region such as climate change impacts, floods, droughts, rising sea level, and saltwater intrusion.
He proposed enhancing experience sharing, workforce training and transfer of technology such as smart cold warehouse in service of farm produce export, wind power, water-by-wind, logistics center and riverway transport infrastructure.
Delegates at the event discussed ways to boost bilateral coordination in water management and seek solutions to common challenges related to climate change, drought, flooding and transportation. A number of Flemish technological solution providers also expressed their interest in business opportunities in the Mekong region.
At the 27th meeting of the MRC Council held in November 2020, Flanders officially became a development partner of the MRC and signed a cooperation agreement worth 1.07 million USD for the 2021-2025 period.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 23
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- Can Tho strengthens ties with Cambodian localities
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- Vietnam, Sweden boost friendship, cooperation
- Vietnam News Agency leader lauds Việt Nam-RoK’s ties
- Chinese president receives credentials of 19 ambassadors
- Defense leaders highly value bilateral defense cooperation on US Defense Secretary’s visit to Vietnam
- US Defense Secretary vows to boost US-Vietnam defense cooperation while visiting Vietnam
- US Defense Secretary speaks highly of US-Vietnam defense cooperation while visiting Vietnam
- RoK officials, scholars highlight Vietnam’s role in New Southern Policy
- Border defence exchange to further Vietnam-China ties
Vietnam ready to foster Flanders - Mekong ties: ambassador have 257 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 30, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.