In attendance were the ASEAN Energy Ministers and Heads of Delegation of Dialogue Partners and international organizations. The 40th AMEM was officiated by His Excellency Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, on the 15th September 2022.
The Honourable Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General (Retired) Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi bin Haji Mohd Yussof, Minister at the Prime Ministers' Office of Brunei Darussalam, as Brunei Darussalam's AMEM Leader, delivered remarks as the Outgoing AMEM Chairperson.
In his opening remarks, the Honourable Pehin, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, highlighted ASEAN's continued collective efforts in advancing the energy sector, including the Brunei-led initiatives during Brunei Darussalam's Chairmanship of the 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting last year. A significant deliverable achieved was the adoption of the Bandar Seri Begawan Joint Declaration of the 39th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting on Energy Security and Energy Transition, which reaffirmed ASEAN's commitment in ensuring energy security and accelerate energy transition, as well as, recognizing the cross sectoral and cross-pillar strategies to further advance ASEAN's Community-building efforts, particularly, the ASEAN Economic Community. The Honourable Pehin, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, then welcomed His Excellency, Suy Sem, Minister of Mines and Energy, Kingdom of Cambodia, as the incoming AMEM Chairperson, to chair the 40th AMEM.
The 40th AMEM, themed 'Accelerating Energy Transition: Economic Recovery and Sustainable Growth', was chaired by His Excellency Suy Sem, Minister of Mines and Energy, the Kingdom of Cambodia, as the Chairperson for the 40th AMEM. The Meeting discussed the progress of the seven (7) programme activities implemented under the ASEAN Plan of Action for Energy Cooperation (APAEC) Phase II 2021 – 2025 including activities reported under the ASEAN Power Grid (APG), Trans-ASEAN Gas Pipeline (TAGP), Coal and Clean Coal Technology, Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and Conservation, Regional Energy Policy and Planning and Civilian Nuclear Energy.
The 40th AMEM Ceremonial events were also held on the same day whereby two (2) key documents were launched, namely; (i) the 7th ASEAN Energy Outlook (AEO7) and (ii) the 2nd ASEAN Renewable Energy Outlook.
The ministerial meetings will see the adoption of three (3) Joint Ministerial Statements, namely the Joint Ministerial Statement on the 40th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting; the Joint Ministerial Statement on the 19th ASEAN Ministers' on Energy Meeting Plus Three and the Joint Ministerial Statement on the 16th East Asia Summit Energy Ministers' Meeting.
Over the course of two days during the 40th AMEM, a number of associated Ministerial Meetings were also conducted which included the 19th AMEM Plus Three (19th AMEM+3), 16th East Asia Summit Energy Ministerial Meeting (16th EAS EMM), AMEM and The United States (AMEM-U.S.) Exchange, the 8th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting – International Energy Agency Dialogue (8th AMEM – IEA Dialogue) and 6th ASEAN Ministers on Energy Meeting – International Renewable Energy Agency Dialogue (6th AMEM – IRENA Dialogue).
Other sideline events held were: (i) the 5th East Asia Energy Forum (5th EAEF); and (ii) the ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) 2022.
- Unity is key to ensure ASEAN’s central role: Deputy PM
- Diplomats highly value Vietnam’s flexibility as ASEAN Chair amid pandemic
- ASEAN seeks solutions to ease COVID-19 impacts on tourism
- Vietnam attends ASEAN-US health ministers' meeting
- 25 years of meteoric ASEAN development
- Vietnam attends ASEAN Committee meeting in US
- Vietnam attends ASEAN-U.S. health ministers' meeting
- Vietnam defense minister joins talks with US, UK peers at Shangri-La Dialogue
- Energy bills could fall by £50 in autumn statement measures
- 'Isolated' working, staged returns and canteen etiquette: Businesses reveal their plans to get back to work after lockdown - as ministers draw up 10 'granular' blueprints for each sector
- Clean energy could get Americans back to work post-pandemic
- Boris 'in properly good nick' as he storms back into Downing Street amid wry smiles from ministers as the cabinet ditch Zoom to welcome him back in person despite social distancing rules
The 40th ASEAN Ministers on energy meeting and its associated meetings have 650 words, post on ven.vn at September 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.