Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Nguyen Van Duoc, who led the Vietnamese delegation to Australia, briefed participants on foreign investment in Long An.
The province has lured more than 10 billion USD worth of investment from more than 40 countries and territories, he said, adding that Australia ranks 15th among those with 75 million USD.
Duoc also lauded the contribution made by Australian investors to local socio-economic development, and noted that Long An wants to cooperate with Australia in urban management, high-tech agriculture, education, training and policy enforcement.
Long An stands ready to welcome and support Australian organizations and enterprises that invest in the locality, the official affirmed.
Ambassador Nguyen Tat Thanh emphasized the strong relations between Vietnamese and Australian localities, and expressed his hope that Long An, about 40km from Ho Chi Minh City – the southern metropolis, will step up cooperation with Australia.
With about about 500 members, the VBAA has worked as a bridge for Australian and Vietnamese firms to invest and operate in their respective countries.
Within the framework of the conference, VBAA President Tran Ba Phuc and Deputy Director of the provincial Department of Planning and Investment Nguyen Tan Quy signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation and investment promotion between Long An and Australian enterprises.
- All but one Mekong Delta province infected with African swine fever
- Mekong Delta advised to apply hi-tech in various fields
- HCMC, Mekong delta link to make breakthrough in tourism
- Mekong Delta calls for Japanese investment in tourism, agriculture
- HCM City, Mekong Delta to exploit tourism synergies
- We’re in denial mode as the Mekong Delta goes under
- Vietnam's Mekong Delta needs urgent measures to prevent drought, saline-intrusion
- Mekong Delta agriculture adapts to climate change
- Early saltwater intrusion threatens crisis in Mekong Delta … yet again
- Early saltwater intrusion threatens yet another Mekong Delta crisis
- Water lilies bloom as floods finally come to Mekong Delta
- HCMC, Mekong Delta localities cut deal to rev up tourism cooperation
Mekong Delta province calls for Australian investments have 312 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 31, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.