At the meeting, Senior Lieutenant General Do Can handed over the Defense Ministry's gifts to delegates and inquired after their health. The Deputy Chief of the General Department of Political Affairs briefed them on the military's activities over the past time, especially the implementation of policies for troops and their families and gratitude work.
Over the past time, the military has cooperated with ministries, agencies, Party committees, and local authorities to deal with policies for troops, who participated in the revolution and carried out international service, and conducted a project on searching and collecting remains of fallen soldiers. Defense agencies and military units have worked with the Ministry of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs to actualize Project 150 on identifying martyrs' remains.
On the 75th anniversary of the Wounded and Fallen Soldiers' Day (July 27), the whole military launched an emulation movement to pay gratitude to national contributors, gave financial support to build 1,769 houses, presented 806 savings books to policy people and national contributors, and provided free health check-ups and medicines for over 13,000 people, to name but a few.
Units sewed silk ensembles and gave gifts to 1,489 heroic Vietnamese mothers who are being cared for by military units and provided medical equipment for five convalescent centers for those who had rendered good service to the nation.
Senior Lieutenant General Do Can said that troops' deeds have contributed to the Party and people's efforts in taking care of policy beneficiaries and educating young soldiers about the gratitude tradition of the Vietnamese people.
The Northern province of Tra Vinh has more than 64,500 national contributors, including more than 19,600 martyrs; more than 9,800 wounded and sick soldiers; 3,370 heroic Vietnamese mothers, of whom 101 mothers still live; more than 8,800 people with contribution to the revolution; more than 3,300 prisoners of war; more than 1,600 revolutionaries and their children exposed to toxic chemicals.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Defense ministry deploys missions for COVID-19 pandemic prevention’s third stage
- Labour ministry seeks entry for nearly 8,500 foreign experts
- National Assembly plans to ratify EU trade deal at next meeting
- Enough consumer goods to meet nationwide needs
- The ambassadors within nation’s tourism industry
- Labor ministry seeks entry for nearly 8,500 foreign experts
- Blind Faith Meets Coronavirus Science In Potentially Deadly Crash
- Blind Faith Meets Coronavirus Science In Potentially Deadly Clash
- Mekong Delta faces difficulties due to drought, saline intrusion, Covid-19
- Frank Rich: The GOP Can’t Handle Moore Problems
- After Flynn, Will Republicans Finally Stand Up to Trump?
- Donald Trump Can’t Hide From His DACA Decision
Defense Ministry meets with national contributors from Tra Vinh have 411 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.