Football Australia said on Wednesday their Under-20 side had been reinstated into the qualifying competition for next year’s U20 Asian Cup after their group games were moved out of the Iraqi city of Basra.
Australia withdrew from the qualifiers on safety grounds last month after their group was assigned Basra as their hub.
The AFC announced later that the qualifying games of Group H will be held at the Jaber Al-Ahmad International Stadium in Kuwait from Oct. 14-18.
Australia, Iraq, Kuwait and India are in Group H.
The U20 Asian Cup is scheduled to be held from March 1-18 in Uzbekistan next year.
Teams who finish on top of their groups are assured of a place in tournament alongside the five best runners-up in the qualifiers.
- Korea reach Asian Cup semifinals with 1-0 win over Australia
- Taeguk Ladies kick off Asian Cup bid with Vietnam game
- Injury-stricken Spurs knocked out of Carabao Cup
- When is the FIFA Women’s World Cup and where is it being held?
- Thailand's women cricketers look past World Cup heartache
- British South Asians in football in 2021: Man Utd's Zidane Iqbal, Spurs' Dilan Markanday, Leicester's Hamza Choudhury shine
- Thomas and Uber Cup 2022: Indian squad, schedule, groups, points table, telecast & live streaming info
- PH team opens ‘important’ SEA Games vs Cambodia
- Thomas and Uber Cup 2022: Indian squad, schedule, results, points table, telecast & live streaming info
- Afghan women's soccer team plays first game in Australia
- Column: US lands 2031 Rugby World Cup, if anyone cares
- Defending champions Argentina qualify for men's softball World Cup in New Zealand
Australia back in U20 Asian Cup qualifiers after games moved from Iraq's Basra have 249 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.