The debate's theme is "A watershed moment: Transformative solutions to interlocking challenges" this year.
Vietnam has been elected as one of the Vice Presidents of UNGA 77, representing the Asia-Pacific Region. The country will perform its responsibility for one year, starting from September 13.
In the opening session, U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called for the launch of an "Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Stimulus" led by the G20 to massively boost sustainable development in developing countries. UNGA 77 President Csaba Korosi, for his part, underlined the need for solutions to surmount global challenges through solidarity, sustainability and science.
Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh is scheduled to deliver a speech at UNGA 77 and hold bilateral meetings with foreign leaders on September 21-22.
The U.N. General Assembly is one of the six main organs of the U.N. and the only of the U.N. with representatives from all the 193 member states. It has broad authority in the fields of political, economic, cultural and social cooperation; and the right to discuss and make recommendations on matters falling within the scope of the Charter or any matter within the competence of the organs of the U.N., for the purpose of promoting international cooperation on a global scale.
- Chinese premier urges joint efforts to uphold openness_ deepen innovative cooperation
- KC-area restaurant, grocery & brewery updates for Jan.: What’s coming, open, closed
- Minister Sisulu extends condolences to the family and friends of the late Ambassador Dumisani Kumalo
- Retired Gen. Abizaid of Northern Nevada tapped for Saudi ambassador
- Democrats control Colorado state government. Here’s what that means for education as the legislature opens
- Downtown Memphis: Ambassador Hotel on South Main redevelopment planned
- Chinese Ambassador: Stability of U.S.-China Relations Hinges on Taiwan Issue
- Benelux Benefits: European Ambassadors Tout Integration Over Trade Barriers
- Donovan Mitchell gifts Dwyane Wade with rocking chair at private dinner ahead of last game vs. Jazz
- Jim Risch, new Senate Foreign Relations chair, unlikely to jab Trump
- Reflecting on a harrowing life of peace-building, ambassador asks himself some tough questions
- Perrin Conferences Announces Co-Chairs of the Cutting-Edge Issues in Asbestos Litigation Conference
Ambassador jointly chairs UNGA 77 opening have 349 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.