Vietnam competed in the qualifying round of the tank biathlon category within the framework of the International Army Games 2022 in Moskva, Russia on Saturday, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
This year's tank biathlon event attracts the participation of 61 crews of 21 teams, divided into two groups.
The first group consists of teams from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Venezuela, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia, while the second is comprised of Abkhazia, Armenia, Zimbabwe, Iran, Laos, Mali, Myanmar, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, and South Ossetia.
Teams in Group 1 will compete in the qualifying round to select the top eight to enter the semi-final round and then the best four for the final round.
Meanwhile, those in Group 2 will only join a round-robin format.
Crew No.1 of the Vietnamese tank team completed their task on Saturday, destroying four targets out of five and finishing the race after 34 minutes 53 seconds.
Meanwhile, crews from Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan annihilate all five targets and finished the race after 25 minutes 57 seconds, and 25 minutes and 18 seconds, respectively.
The Venezuelan rivals destroyed only one target and finished their competition after 47 minutes 5 seconds. Crews No. 2 and 3 of the Vietnamese tank team will compete on August 16 and 20.
First held in 2015, the International Army Games are an annual Russian military sports event organized by the Ministry of Defense of Russia.
This year's edition will run from August 13 to 27 at the military training grounds in twelve countries: Russia, Azerbaijan, Algeria, Armenia, Belarus, Venezuela, Vietnam, Iran, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, and Uzbekistan.
More than 260 teams from 35 countries join the 2022 Games.
- 23 jaw-dropping photos from Russia’s massive International Army Games
- Russia’s International Army Games are an intense alternative to watching the Rio Olympics
- PH sepak takraw team upbeat for SEA Games
- Jovelyn Gonzaga credits national team stint for improved game
- Local teams compete in ‘Battleground’
- 15 incredible photos of Russia’s latest military exercise in annexed Crimea
- Watch the NATO tank competition where the US lost to Austria and Germany
- US, Russia and Iran work to save Olympic wrestling
- The US Army is 242 years old — here are 22 photos of its storied history
- Total Olympic ban for Russia ‘not impossible’
- PH to compete in Children of Asia Games
- A surprising flare up in Ukraine’s ‘frozen’ war could reveal an internal rivalry between the Kremlin and Russia’s security agency
Vietnam’s tank team competes in International Army Games in Russia have 392 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.