At 10:00 local time (14:10 Vietnam time), the Vietnamese second tank crew entered the competition with their rivals from Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Venezuela at Alabino training ground on the outskirts of Moscow, Russia.
The crew included head of the crew Major Vu Ba Trong, gunner non-commissioned First Lieutenant Le Quang Hiep, and driver non-commissioned First Lieutenant Dao Ba Tu.
After the conclusion of the competition, the referee board met and announced the official results of participating contingents. In particular, the second tank crew of the Vietnam People's Army shot down four targets and reached the finish line after 32 minutes 21 seconds. The second tank crews of Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Venezuela completed the race after 22 minutes 53 seconds, 26 minutes 35 seconds, and 40 minutes 15 seconds, respectively.
Earlier, in the August 13 competition, the Vietnamese first tank crew also downed four targets and finished the race after 34 minutes 50 seconds.
The third tank crew of Vietnam will compete on August 20.
In this year's event, the Vietnamese tank contingent is in the same Group 1 with nine other contingents from Azerbaijan, Belarus, Venezuela, Kazakhstan, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Uzbekistan, and Mongolia.
The eight best tank contingents will enter the semi-final round. The decision will depend on the combined results of three tank crews.
Below are moments of the competition of the Vietnamese tank crew on August 16.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Ukrainian tank crews nail exercises (video)
- 75th Anniversary of Prokhorovka, Most Brutal Tank Battle in History: Top 5 Facts
- Armenian soldiers claim first spot in their group at Tank Biathlon competition in Russia
- Trade Tension With China, U.S. Pushes South Korea Toward Vietnam
- Tank regiment’s commander failed to spot key safety breach, inquest told
- Turkish defense industry produces ammunition for domestically developed tanks
- Vietnam Stocks May Be in for Some Inclement Weather
- Israel pounds targets in Gaza, intercepts Hamas missiles
- Oil tank targeted in arson attack on Londonderry home
- Canada Loses All Hope of Finding Buyers for Its Outdated Tanks
- Owner jailed for fire safety breaches after wedding venue destroyed in blaze
- Night of chaos: Fire crews attacked, vehicles hijacked and burnt, roads blocked and airport disrupted on night of mayhem
Vietnam’s second tank crew destroys four targets have 342 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.