The hybrid event was attended by Vietnamese Ambassador to Australia Nguyen Tat Thanh and some 40 outstanding Vietnamese students across Australia. It also saw the online attendance by representatives from the Central Committees of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union and Vietnam Students’ Association and leaders of student associations from Vietnam.
Addressing the congress, SVAU Vice President Huynh Tan Dat said during the past term, the association has hosted a variety of activities to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among students, including a series of talks with experts in innovation for students and an annual global contest for innovative start-ups Hack4 Growth Australia held by its Vietnam Australia Innovation Network (NIC AU).
The NIC AU has also organized Innovation Expo 2020, and two virtual seminars on smart agriculture and high-quality agriculture which brought together speakers from Vietnam, the U.S., France and Australia to seek solutions for the sustainable development of agriculture in Vietnam, Dat said.
Additionally, the SVAU has launched numerous charitable events to raise funds for disadvantaged Vietnamese people and those hurt by natural disasters and COVID-19.
Dat, who is a PhD student at the University of Technology Sydney, was elected as the new SVAU President for the 2022 – 2024 term.
The SVAU debuted in July 2020. Australia is currently home to about 30,000 Vietnamese students.
- Vietnamese students triumph Francophone startup contest
- News FIFA World Cup: Penalty helps Australia hold Denmark 1-1
- Vietnam, Australia hold first vice-ministerial security dialogue
- Australia hold on to beat Springboks and snap losing streak
- US, UK hold second South China Sea joint drills in 2 months
- FIBA Central Board holds second meeting for 2017 in Hong Kong
- Sudanese protesters hold second day of sit-in outside Bashir's compound
- VFF officials listen to opinions of Vietnamese expats in Australia
- PM Phuc holds talks with Singaporean counterpart
- Is Trump scaring away international students?
- Chinese students flock to UK universities
- China sneezes but will Australia catch cold?
Vietnamese Students in Australia holds second congress have 305 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.