Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung, as assigned by Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh, and U.N. Resident Coordinator in Vietnam Pauline Tamesis, signed the document.
The Strategic Framework for Sustainable Development Cooperation 2022 – 2026 guides and steers the Government of Vietnam and the U.N.'s collaboration on accelerating progress to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It highlights the joint commitment to deliver sustainable development for all.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Dung said that the CF will be implemented at a time when Vietnam has strengthened its post-pandemic economic recovery, responded to climate change and transitioned to a green, circular economy. The Government has also been making efforts to improve institutions and policies in order to mobilize resources from all economic sectors to develop the country.
"Together with other development partners, the U.N. plays an important role in supporting Vietnam in its development, integration and strong participation in global development through policy advice to the Government, sharing Vietnam's experience with developing countries and introducing international experience to ensure a sustainable, green growth economy that balances economic and social development," he said.
The U.N. official affirmed that the principle of leaving no one behind runs through the CF as the fundamental commitment of the U.N. in Vietnam.
"Ensuring that no one is left behind requires a broad, whole-of-government and whole-of-society approach," she said.
The Government of Vietnam has together with the United Nations outlined four key development outcomes, namely inclusive social development, climate change response, disaster resilience and environmental sustainability, shared prosperity through economic transformation and governance, and access to justice.
Of which, inclusive social development concentrates on inclusive, gender responsive, disability sensitive, equitable, affordable and quality social services and social protection, with the aim of helping people in Vietnam escape from poverty in all its dimensions and empowering people to reach their full potential.
- Conference held to boost tourism development in Vietnam’s northwest region
- Hà Nội joins global creative city network
- PM addresses issues of concern during Q&A session
- 150 companies attend international retail & franchise show
- Skyscrapers, trains and roads: How Addis Ababa came to look like a Chinese city
- Egypt: Morsi to meet judges over power grab - Monday 26 November
- Q&A with Formula E CEO as series lands in America
- Expect Dorsey and Reid to keep reshaping the Chiefs’ roster this off-season
- The Latest: Obama would ‘welcome’ Russian focus on IS
- The Latest: Large police operation under way in Paris suburb
- The Latest: Hannover stadium evacuated, soccer game canceled
- The Latest: Soccer fans in London show support for Paris
Vietnam, U.N. sign strategic framework for sustainable development cooperation have 430 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 11, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.