A representative from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment's Department of Climate Change said on August 18 that in the near future, emission reduction criteria will be measured, reported and considered in line with international regulations and then publicized, toward bringing gas emission to zero by 2050, thus making active and responsible contributions to protecting the world climate.
In line with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Vietnam has conducted the work on national gas emissions in 2000, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2016 in service of building national reports on climate change, which were sent to the Convention Secretariat.
The results showed that Vietnam recorded 150.9 million tons of CO 2 eq in 2000, 264.2 million tons in 2010, 259 million tons in 2013, 278.7 million tons in 2014, and 316.7 million tons in 2016.
Information on Vietnam's greenhouse gas emission reduction activities before 2020 were updated in biennial reports that were published on the UNFCCC website at https://unfccc.int/BURs.
From 2021, Vietnam committed to cutting greenhouse gas emissions compared to the Business as Usual scenario till 2030, including specific emission reduction norms for each sector.
- Good news emerges from Ireland’s latest greenhouse gas emission stats
- UNDP supports Vietnam’ greenhouse gas emissions cut
- Vietnam ranks 27th in greenhouse gas emissions
- UNDP support Vietnam’ greenhouse gas emissions cut
- Vietnam’s agriculture contributes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions: minister
- LG Electronics to cut greenhouse gas emissions 15 per cent by 2020 in europe
- Changes could be coming to greenhouse gas emission, fuel economy standards for vehicles
- Project on greenhouse gas emission reduction passed
- Vietnam is committed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- JICA helps HCM City monitor greenhouse gas emissions
- Project reduces cement sector’s greenhouse gas emissions
- Former Chairman of the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group arrested
Vietnam reviews greenhouse gas emissions since 2010 have 275 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.