To handle the situation, the VEC issued an official letter to require vehicle owners and drivers to maintain minimum balance when traveling to non-stop toll collection stations.
Accordingly, drivers have to maintain a balance amount of VND150,000 (US$6.4) when traveling to Noi Bai – Lao Cai Expressway, VND100,000 (US$4.3) to Da Nang – Quang Ngai Expressway, VND40,000 (US$1.7) in Ho Chi Minh City – Long Thanh – Dau Giay and VND35,000 (US$1.5) in Cau Gie – Ninh Binh Expressway.
As this requirement, many drivers were refused to enter expressways managed by VEC due to insufficient balance on the ETC account .
At Noi Bai – Lao Cai Expressway, drivers had to maintain a minimum balance of VND150,000 (US$6.4) although the toll fee for whole route is only VND30,000 (US$1.3). The situation has caused frustration for drivers so the providers decided to remove the minimum balance requirement.
By Minh Anh- Translated by Huyen Huong
- HCM City-Long Thanh-Dau Giay Expressway faces increasing traffic congestion
- How much is an hour worth? The war over the minimum wage
- Scotland weighs up level of alcohol minimum pricing
- Website, app launched for regulating distribution of sand in Udupi
- Google's privacy ethics tour of Europe: a complex balancing act
- Google ethics tour: should readers be told a link has been removed?
- APRA's home loan rule relaxation will allow for bigger mortgages
- Do the BEAR banking reforms have bite if APRA believes it is not a corporate cop?
- The story of a £4 Boohoo dress: cheap clothes at a high cost
- David Davis: Brexit will not plunge Britain into 'Mad Max dystopia'
- Real estate stocks jump up to 4% on relaxation in REIT rules
- National Assembly deputies give voice as law on PPP takes shape
VEC removes minimum balance regulation in expressways have 319 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.