Regarding the Covid-19 vaccination for children, vaccination results have been more positive after the peak month was launched. After ten days of implementation, more than 13,000 doses are injected per day, on average, twice as much as before. However, the vaccination rate among children in the city is still lower than the national average.
Besides the districts that have made great efforts in the first week of the peak month, such as districts 7, 5, Phu Nhuan, Binh Thanh, Nha Be, Can Gio, Binh Chanh, Cu Chi, and Thu Duc City, some districts, including districts 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 10, 12, Tan Binh, Tan Phu, Go Vap, and Hoc Mon, have not accelerated injection speed in the peak month although their vaccination rates are low.
According to Dr. Nguyen Huu Hung, Deputy Director of the Department of Health of HCMC, in the context of the complicated development of diseases in the country and the risk of intrusion of emerging diseases, such as monkeypox and mysterious child hepatitis, vaccination should be the top priority. To achieve vaccine coverage among children, it is necessary to promote the role of schools and principals in mobilizing parents and students as well as organizing vaccinations together with the health sector.
As for dengue fever prevention, districts and Thu Duc City need to strengthen inspection and monitoring at high-risk points. At the same time, the local authorities need to drastically punish high-risk points that still let mosquito larvae generate.
By Thanh An – Translated by Thanh Nha
- What is Ebola, has there been an outbreak in 2018 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and is there a vaccine?
- Dynamo in good spirits during day out with his wife after revealing difficult battle with Crohn’s disease
- Four nasty infections that can be spread just by KISSING from herpes to gum disease
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
- Brexit could harm my sons’ access to treatment for rare ‘black bone’ disease, says father who quit job to find cure
- Travelling abroad? 4 tropical diseases and how to avoid them
- What is Lyme Disease? All you need to know ahead of tick season
- Is this the face of Disease X? The pathogens which could cause the next global pandemic
- Music fans warned to get vaccinated over festival measles risk
- Spotting symptoms of lethal disease can help save your life
- What is sickle cell disease, how common is sickle-cell anaemia, what are the signs and symptoms and how’s it treated?
- Measles warning – Advice, symptoms and what to do if your child isn’t vaccinated after outbreaks
Vaccination must be top priority as many diseases develop complicatedly have 517 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.