Asked about whether the central bank includes cryptocurrencies in the draft Law on Anti-Money Laundering at a regular government meeting in Hanoi on August 3, Tu said the central bank is considering this issue cautiously and comprehensively in preparation for the perfection of the draft law to be submitted to the legislature during its upcoming session.
The official reaffirmed that bitcoin and other similar virtual currencies are not legal means of payment in Vietnam.
According to Tu, on the basis of recommendations by global anti-money laundering organizations, countries should pay attention to assets and products, the so-called technology in the financial sector, to ensure strict management and prevent money laundering or terrorism and other purposes.
Apart from the law, the Government will issue documents to fight money laundering, terrorism and tax fraud or even the use of the assets as gifts, which has been seen as corruption and bribery, he continued.
Credit institutions or intermediate payment service providers are not allowed to perform transactions and tasks related to virtual currencies due to possible risks of money laundering, terror financing or tax fraud, Tu said.
- Anti-Money Laundering Steering Committee holds first meeting
- HCM City to combat laundering in real estate
- India Taking Measures to Curb Terror Financing With Crypto Currency Regulations
- Virtual telecom operators eye opportunities in Vietnam
- IT raids Bengaluru officials- Rs 4.7 crore in new currency, Lamborghini found
- Funny Money: Is Bitcoin The Future Of Currency… Or A Total Scam?
- India May Take to Bitcoin if Currency Note Squeeze Continues
- Noose tightens on Swiss account holders; details of at least 50 Indians being shared
- Most CEE currencies seen firming as global markets settle: Reuters poll
- The Best Infrastructure Management Services for 2019
- The Best Asset Management Software for 2019
- The Best Identity Management Solutions for 2019
Tightening management of virtual currencies to prevent money laundering: SBV have 285 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.