Ian Markiewicz, a visual effects supervisor, told VnExpress that Vietnam’s Golden Bridge was the source of inspiration for the design of the two-handed bridge that character Martin Tenbones rows across in the opening scenes of the film.
Many Vietnamese viewers were surprised to see the bridge with two supporting hands that connects with the castle of Morpheus, because it seemed similar to the Golden Bridge in Da Nang.
Vietnamese netizens were also happy about it, saying it would promote Vietnam's tourism image among the international community.
The bridge with two supporting hands appears in the opening scene of American TV series “The Sandman”. Photo courtesy of Netflix
Designed by architect Vu Viet Anh and his team, the bridge at the Ba Na Hills Resort in the Truong Son mountain range, is 150 meters long and 12.8 meters wide. It is held up by giant hands made of fiberglass and mesh wire.
The bridge gained global fame soon after it opened in June 2018, attracting extensive media coverage and drawing visitors from all over the world.
“The Sandman” is an American fantasy drama television series based on the comic book of the same name written by Neil Gaiman and published by DC Comics.
All 10 episodes of The Sandman were released on August 5 and it was one of the most-watched movies on Netflix last week.
“The movie follows the king of dreams Morpheus, played by a brooding, gothic Tom Sturridge, as he travels to Hell and back again, discovering how fears, pain and hope drive the paradoxical essence of humanity,” a movie blurb says.
- Golden Globes 2020: Taylor Swift reacts to her Best Original Song nod for Beautiful Ghosts: 'It's so cool'... as singer leads the celebrity reactions following nominations announcement
- Australian actors score big at Golden Globe nominations in Los Angeles
- Australian actors score big as Golden Globe nominations are announced in Los Angeles
- Students spread the word about importance of organ donations in Vietnam
- Vietnam among brew-tiful coffee destinations around the world
- Coach Park sets determination to win first SEA Games gold medal with Vietnam U22s
- Golden Globes 2019: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’, ‘Green Book’ Win Big
- From 'Fleabag' to James Bond and Beyond: Phoebe Waller-Bridge on Death and Her Secret New Movie
- Golden Globes 2019: Olivia Colman, Ben Whishaw and Richard Madden win
- Golden Globes nominations 2020: Complete list of nominees; 'Marriage Story' leads with six
- Competition rising in VN ice cream market
- Writers penning gastronomic literature a new trend
'The Sandman' inspired by Vietnam's Golden Bridge have 395 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.