The bank has served Vietnamese customers via its two representative offices in Hanoi and HCM City since 2015.
Speaking at the opening ceremony held on August 5, Thai Ambassador to Vietnam Nikorndej Balankura said that Thailand is currently the 9th largest foreign investor in Vietnam and also the largest trading partner of the country in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region.
The opening of a branch by KBank in HCM City is an important milestone reflecting the bank's strategic vision in strengthening economic ties between Thailand and Vietnam, he said.
Nguyen Van Dung, Deputy Director of the State Bank of Vietnam, HCM City branch said putting into operation of KBank branch in the city will raise the number of foreign bank branches in the city to 32, contributing to diversifying the activities of the credit institutions in the locality.
Sharing about the potential of the Vietnamese market, Kattiya Indaravijaya, CEO of KBank said that Vietnam is a rising star in the Southeast Asia region with high economic growth. The bright prospects of the economy can be attributed to the success in controlling the pandemic thanks to effective policies of the Government of Vietnam along with efforts to promote a cashless society.
According to the World Bank, Vietnam’s GDP growth in 2022 is expected to increase by 5.5%. The country has great resilience thanks to the fact that 60% of its population is of working age and digital-savvy.
Kattiya said that KBank aims to be the first foreign bank in Vietnam to offer fully-fledged “digital product solutions” to all customer segments.
KBank currently has an overseas service network covering the AEC 3 countries and beyond, for a total of 16 nations.
- New museum about Hồ Chí Minh Campaign opens in HCM City
- New museum about Ho Chi Minh Campaign opens in HCM City
- HCM City’s new online centre monitors bus activity
- Remittances to HCM City hit US$6.1 billion in 2020
- Annual Tet book fair to open in downtown HCM City
- HCM City offers cultural activities for Tet
- Contacts with new COVID-19 case in HCM City are tested and quarantined
- HCM City bus stations start to get Tet crowds, Covid precautions in place
- HCM City to open book street festival to mark Tet holiday
- HCM City targets domestic market for tourism recovery
- HCM City Theatre Association honours best theatrical plays in 2020
- HCM City attracts increasing interest from US companies
Thailand’s Kasikornbank opens first branch in HCM City have 387 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.