Storm Mulan weakened into a tropical depression after entering the Gulf of Tonkin on the evening of August 10, bringing heavy rain to many areas in northern Vietnam.
Heavy rains in Hai Phong City on August 11
According to the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting, the tropical depression is moving west-northwest on August 11, with a speed of 20km/h.
The northern region and the north-central provinces from Thanh Hoa to Nghe An have experienced downpours since Wednesday night. Some areas that reported their highest rainfall level over the past nine hours included Co To Island in Quang Ninh Province (136.90mm), Mau Son Island in Lang Son Province (124.70) mm, Ba Che in Quang Ninh (116.20mm), and Kien An District in Hai Phong Province (102.80mm).
Several airlines either readjusted or cancelled flight schedules on domestic routes on August 11 in response to the storm.
Vietnam Airlines will cancel two flights between the northern port city of Hai Phong and Ho Chi Minh City. It will also delay flights between Hai Phong and Buon Me Thuot, Cam Ranh, Da Lat and HCM City on August 11.
Bamboo Airways, meanwhile, adjusted schedules to ensure absolute safety for flights from/to the Pleiku, Da Nang, Cat Bi, Vinh, and Van Don airports on August 11.
Vietjet also announced that it would adjust the schedules of some flights to Hai Phong the same day.
Mulan is the second tropical storm that has formed in the East Sea and the first storm that has hit Vietnam this year. The first, Chaba, arrived in July.
- Tropical depression to cause heavy rains for central region
- Typhoon Kompasu quickly heading towards East Sea, causing heavy rain for northern, central regions
- Storm Lionrock weakens into depression, heads to Vietnam
- Northern, central regions face heavy rains
- Storm Lionrock forecast to dump rains in Vietnam’s north-central region
- Central Vietnam gears up for heavy rain as tropical storm likely to turn into storm
- Jharkhand To Receive Moderate To Heavy Rain Today
- Heavy rain forecast for Maharashtra today, tomorrow
- Storm Lionrock to hit Vietnam's central region
- North and central regions hit by more heavy rains and flooding
- 10 people die in Marathwada region due to heavy rains and floods
- Hanoi streets deeply submerged after heavy rain
Storm Mulan weakens, causing heavy rains in northern region have 356 words, post on dtinews.vn at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.