The Vietnamese delegation, led by General Ngo Xuan Lich, member of the Politburo, Deputy Secretary of the Central Military Commission, Minister of National Defense, attended the conference.
The conference focused on global and regional security issues, counter-terrorism, security in Europe and the Middle East, the situation in the Asia Pacific region, and the role of multilateral cooperation mechanisms in dealing with challenges.
Russian President Vladimir Putin sent to the conference a message, which was read by Nikolai Patrushev, Secretary of the Security Council of Russia, at the opening ceremony of the conference.
In his opening remarks, General Sergei Shoigu, Russian Minister of Defense, reviewed issues in Russia's relations with NATO, countries inside and outside the region, and traditional partners in Asia Pacific.
He stressed that Russia's strategic partnership with China, India, Vietnam, Laos, and Myanmar is practical, and Russia is promoting partnership with Brunei, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines bilaterally and within ASEAN as a block.
Alexander Vasilyevich Bornikov, Director of The Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation, and Vladimir Ivanovich Voronkov, Under-Secretary General of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Office, also delivered their speeches at the conference.
The two-day conference's special plenary sessions were focused on security in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America with an emphasis on cooperation among military departments on security in the regions. The "soft power" phenomenon was discussed separately as a tool to address military and political issues. The Vietnamese delegation took part in all of the events of the conference.
As scheduled, Vietnamese Minister of National Defense Ngo Xuan Lich, will deliver his speech in the fourth plenary session to highlight emerging challenges in the Asia Pacific and solutions to settle them.
Translated by Nam Long
- Top security huddle: Army pledges to carry forward anti-terror gains
- Theresa May to call for new security treaty with EU to 'retain cooperation'
- Ziauddin University conference stresses importance of rehabilitation
- "Go away and shut up," Defence Secretary tells Moscow as it prepares its retaliation
- ‘Godfather’ of Russian fashion Slava Zaitsev opens Moscow fashion week
- Theresa May meets Chinese president for talks on trade and global security
- Tackling water security: Who owns the right to groundwater?
- May wins promise from China to open up markets to UK products
- Germany to set up World Cup headquarters near Moscow
- Bulgarian PM not sure Moscow was behind Salisbury attack
- EU recalls ambassador to Moscow, says its “highly likely” Russia is to blame for Salisbury attack
- CCTV shows moment of plane crash near Moscow
Seventh Moscow Conference on International Security opens have 413 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.