The event was attended by Naval Region 2's Second-in-Command Naval Captain Dinh Van Thang; Chief of the Department of Politics of the Naval Region 2 Command Naval Captain Do Hong Duyen; Deputy Director of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province Pham Thi Na, and representatives of the district.
On this occasion, doctors and medical staff from Le Van Thinh Hospital (Thu Duc city, Ho Chi Minh City) also joined the program.
During the program, the troops distributed 500 leaflets to fishermen to popularize information about maritime boundary delimitation agreements between Vietnam and neighboring countries; legal documents on safe, sustainable and lawful fishing and fishing in line with environmental protection; and illegal fishing; among others.
In addition, the Naval Region 2 Command also presented 500 national flags, 50 gifts, 100 life jackets, and 30 medical bags to needy fishermen; and provided them with free health check-ups and medicines.
Addressing the event, Mrs. Pham Thi Na held that over the past time, the Naval Region 2 Command has closely worked with relevant organizations to implement many programs to support fishermen.
The meaningful and practical program has contributed to encouraging fishermen to continue fishing at sea, while showing the responsibility of Uncle Ho's soldiers towards the locals, and the cause of social security.
Translated by Minh Anh
- The Fishermen's Trail: Walk Portugal's answer to the Wild Atlantic Way
- Number of Algarve fishermen drops 56%
- Royal Navy to test nuclear alarm at Portsmouth Naval Base – here's when it will sound
- Russia, China to Conduct Joint Naval Drills in Late April-Early May – Statement
- MENA region produces 20.5% of world's fossil fuels
- Welsh rugby's tense stand-off explained as a region fights for its life
- Russia’s Trash Reform Risks Shutting Down Collectors in 9 Regions
- Osprey-Scarlets merger being discussed in 'radical' shake-up of Welsh regional rugby
- The End of Kremlin's Dominance in the Regions
- Ospreys chairman resigns amid 'catastrophic mismanagement' of regional rugby
- Ex-Catalan premier Carles Puigdemont to stand in European parliament election
- "I’ll stand and fight against indignity"
Naval Region 2 stands side by side with fishermen have 324 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.