Hanoi (VNA) – The Hanoi Railway Transport JSC (Haraco) has said that it will run extra passenger trains on the Hanoi – Lao Cai route, starting from September, to meet the rising travel demand to the resort town of Sa Pa.
There are currently only passenger trains running at weekends. From September 5, services from Hanoi to Lao Cai will be available on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Trains will depart from Hanoi Railway Station at 10pm and arrive at Lao Cai Railway Station at 5:55am.
From Lao Cai to Hanoi, services will be available on Wednesdays and Sundays, starting from September 7. Trains will leave Lao Cai at 9:30pm and drop off passengers at Hanoi Station at 5:25am.
Fares range from 330,000 to 350,000 VND (14.11 – 14.96 USD) per person per trip.
Haraco has also announced more trains will be put into service on the routes connecting Hanoi with Vinh (Nghe An) and Dong Hoi (Quang Binh) between August 31 and September 4.
It is offering special deals "Buy four pay for three" and "Buy eight pay for six" for passengers on the Hanoi – Hai Phong route./.
- 58 billion USD for North-South high speed train: consultants
- Off the rails: Hanoi closes railway cafés thronged by selfie-seeking tourists
- Rail fares rise 3.2% TODAY despite trains chaos - how your season ticket is hit
- Port Talbot train horror: Two dead after being hit on tracks near Bridgend
- New rail system will scrap split ticketing for good with 'revenue neutral' fares
- Turkey to benefit more from BRI as China-Europe freight trains through subsea Bosphorus tunnel
- Virgin Trains: 'passengers should not be allowed to travel without reservations'
- Train delays set to cause misery for thousands of passengers this Easter
- Spotlight: Turkey to benefit more from BRI as China-Europe freight trains through subsea Bosphorus tunnel
- Vietnam to have high speed train
- Mumbai-Pune trains to resume fully by Jan 15
- Mumbai-Pune trains to resume fully by January 15
More trains to be added on Hanoi – Lao Cai rail route have 338 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.