The platform comprises the two websites geodata-stnmt.tphcm.gov.vn and esb-stnmt.tphcm.gov.vn to store a total 450 resource and environmental data files of the whole city, including information on subdivision, land area, zoning plans, land use purposes and land subsidence, Bui Hong Son, director of the information-technology center under the Department of Natural Resources and Environment announced Wednesday.
“This platform is similar to Google Maps, and businesses and citizens can use data from it, like ride-hailing firms use Google's remote sensing data for their services,” he said.
Son said before the platform was launched, anyone that needs to get access to such data had to send a report to the department to ask for permission and wait for approval.
Now with this platform, people can access information online for free while state agencies will be provided with accounts to download files if required.
Deputy Chairman of Binh Tan District Vu Chi Kien said in the past two months, the district has gathered data like satellite images, cadastral information and land use plans for the platform.
Thanks to the platform, the district can ensure the construction order by comparing remote sensing images at different times to see the change of houses.
“For example, if an area had no construction work in 2012 but some work appeared on the map in 2015 then local authorities can check if that work had permission to commence and detect violations if any,” he said.
Nguyen Toan Thang, director of the department, said based on this platform, the department is building a project of land price information data for both the people and businesses to track.
For other units, this will be the background data to create new applications. Both the transportation and education sectors have used this map and added their own data for overall administration.
- WANdisco launches new multicloud live data platform
- Mike Welch to launch online tyre portal in lucrative US market
- Former HCMC vice chairman detained in land investigation
- Former housing director arrested for illegal land sale
- Jio GigaFiber Registrations, Xiaomi Poco F1 Leaks, Mi A2 Sale, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 India Launch Date, and More News This Week
- New Frontier Data Acquires Zefyr In $10M Deal
- UK data chief demands overhaul of campaign rules after Brexit
- With Galleries Now Online, Anyone Can Be an Art Collector
- Google partners with Olo for online food deliveries
- HCMC to reclaim VND1.8 trillion from investor of 4 road projects in Thu Thiem
- HCMC cancels decision to recall prime land site in Dist. 1
- Prime land site in District 1 may be recalled
HCMC launches online land data platform have 415 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.