Hanoi will hold an online connection program between Lao manufacturers and Vietnam's distributors and retailers such as Big C, AEON MALL, Hapro, and Co.op Mart.
Hanoi is supporting 17 Vientiane enterprises in promoting Lao agricultural products, handicrafts, textiles, and specialties in the capital city until October 14, 2022.
|Delegates of Hanoi and Laos on a visit to a supermarket in the capital city. Photo: kinhtedothi.vn|
This is one of the activities of the Hanoi Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion Center (HPA) in collaboration with local retailers under the framework of a trade promotion program themed "Hanoi – Vientiane, Cooperation for mutual development" launched on August 10.
According to Nguyen Thi Mai Anh, HPA's Deputy Director, her organization will support Lao businesses introduce their products to the city's retailers by holding an online connection program between Lao manufacturers and Vietnam's distributors and retailers such as Big C, AEON MALL, Hapro, and Co.op Mart.
She underlined through these programs, retailers will inform Lao producers on the technical standards to bring goods to local supermarkets and provide information on the application of new technology trends in packaging.
"This would help Lao enterprises better grasp the needs of Vietnamese consumers, as well as research, build and develop Lao product brands in Vietnam," she told The Hanoi Times.
After surveying Hanoi’s retail system on August 11, Phouvong Vongkhamsao, deputy governor of Vientiane, expected WinCommerce and Savico Megamall, two Vietnamese retailers, would buy goods and agricultural products from Vientiane companies and put them up for sale in the Winmart Smart City (Nam Tu Liem district) and Savico Megamall (Long Bien district).
Khuc Tien Ha, Senior Regional Director of the Winmart supermarket chain under Win Commerce General Commercial Services JSC, told The Hanoi Times the enterprise always stands ready to sell farm produce from any country provided that they meet standards of food safety and hygiene.
"We also expect that after this visit, the two cities’ authorities will organize more trade exchanges, as well as fairs for businesses to have the opportunity to access goods supply from Laos," he added.
- FOREX-Dollar advances after robust U.S. jobs report, supports Fed on hold
- US STOCKS-Wall St set to open higher on tech support; jobs data underwhelms
- World markets: Asia shares flatline, wait for US-China trade deal
- Hanoi crowned cheapest travel destination in Asia: report
- Market forecast to improve next week
- Securities firms forecast rosy 2020 for stock market
- Manufacturing industry raises 1t yuan funds in 2019
- Co Do Village: A tourist attraction on the outskirts of Hanoi
- Foreign investors interested in Vietnamese stock market
- Shooters: How Video Games Fund Arms Manufacturers
- Dollar gains, oil slips as markets focus on Mideast
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Dollar gains, oil slips as markets focus on Mideast
Hanoi supports Vientiane manufacturers in marketing have 452 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.