Cambodia n authorities apprehended 9,151 drug related suspects during the January-July period this year, up 16% from 7,876 in the same period last year, it said, adding that about 3.27 tonnes of illicit drugs had been seized, up almost 240% from 963 kg.
The seized drugs included heroin, ecstasy, cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, methamphetamine pills, cathinone and ketamine, among others.
Additionally, about 201 tonnes of drug ingredients, 17 pistols, 31 rifles and many vehicles and devices had been confiscated from the suspects.
Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen has called for concerted efforts to combat illegal drugs, saying that fighting against illicit drugs is a priority.
The Southeast Asian nation has no death sentence for drug traffickers. Under its law, anyone found guilty of trafficking more than 80 grams of illicit drugs could be jailed for life./.
- Drug suspects arrested with 3 million yaba pills
- Drug suspect acquitted by Cebu City court over illegal arrest
- Quezon City raids yield P700,000 shabu, nab 15 drug suspects
- Chumphon drug suspect hangs himself in cell
- Dentist arrested in drug sting
- Slain drug suspect ‘begged for his life’
- Police Kill 5, Arrest 20 Terror Suspects in West Java
- 33 drug suspects fall in Quezon City
- 2 cops, 5 drug suspects slain in shootouts
- 66 drug suspects arrested in Metro Manila
- Activists slam Denpasar Police for parading drug suspects before crowd
- 22 drug suspects fall in Quezon City buy-bust operations
Cambodia arrests over 9,100 drug suspects in seven months have 240 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.