Phnom Penh (VNA) – The 55th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting ( AMM-55 ) and related meetings have successfully concluded, with some 30 documents on regional cooperation adopted, Cambodian Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Prak Sokhonn said on August 6.
“We have reviewed the progress made thus far to strengthen ASEAN’s community building, advance regional integration, and enhance our cooperation with external partners,” he told a press conference.
The official said that over the course of three and a half days, 19 meetings were held back-to-back, with the participation of foreign ministers and representatives from 38 countries.
On the COVID-19 pandemic, he said the ASEAN foreign ministers encouraged the effective operationalisation of the ASEAN Regional Reserve of Medical Supplies for Public Health Emergencies.
He added that the ministers also stressed the need to strengthen supply chain connectivity, support economic recovery and improve stability and resilience of the region.
According to Sokhonn, the foreign ministers of ASEAN and its dialogue partners also exchanged views on regional and international issues of common concern.
“ASEAN is committed to ensuring the implementation of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership agreement … to enhance ASEAN’s attractiveness for trade, investment and global supply chain,” he said.
Cambodia is the chair of ASEAN for 2022, which groups Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam./.
- Vietnam, Cambodia to hold joint rescue drill
- Queen gathers royals for crisis meeting with Prince Harry
- Building construction site in Cambodia collapses, killing at least 13 and trapping dozens
- Joint working group on VN-Cambodia border gates convenes meeting in Hanoi
- CLMV senior economic officials meet in Hanoi
- Vietnam attends APPF annual meeting in Australia
- Kate's birthday is overshadowed by royal crisis as it emerges Prince Harry 'DEFIED' Queen's orders not to announce he and Meghan Markle will quit and left Prince Charles and Prince William 'incandescent with rage' by giving them just 10 minutes' notice
- No time for a tumble! Elle Macpherson looks elegant arriving at a business meeting in New York City - after falling over on the red carpet in Vienna
- Legislative leader meets Vietnamese community in Australia
- Queen Elizabeth II gathers royals for crisis meeting with Prince Harry
- Sandra Bullock is a blue jean baby as the 55-year-old adopts casual look for Beverly Hills business meeting
- Queen Reportedly Bans Prince Andrew From Meeting Trump During US President’s Upcoming Visit to UK
Cambodia announces outcomes of AMM-55 and related meetings have 388 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.