The dialogue was part of the ongoing official visit to the U.K. of Great Britain and North Ireland of Chairman of the National Assembly of Vietnam Vuong Dinh Hue.
At the event, the two senior officials expressed their delight at the positive and dynamic development of the Vietnam-U.K. strategic partnership, especially the effective maintenance of the bilateral defense cooperation. They wished to turn defense ties into a pillar of the two countries' overall relations.
Speaking highly of the outcomes of the implementation of the bilateral defense cooperation on the basis of the memorandum of understanding on defense cooperation signed in 2017, the two sides hoped to continuously boost existing cooperation contents, including delegation exchange, training, U.N. peacekeeping operations.
They confirmed that defense policy dialogue is an important cooperation mechanism for the two ministries of defense to review achievements gained and put forth future cooperation orientations.
Also at the dialogue, the two sides exchanged regional and international situations of common concern. They agreed to work together to develop plans and implement practical cooperation activities in 2023 to mark the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic ties between the two countries. They also reached agreement on organizing the second session of the fourth dialogue in Hanoi later this year.
On the occasion, General Vinh informed the host of the first-ever International Defense Expo to be hosted by the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense in December this year. The Vietnamese deputy defense minister invited leaders of the U.K. Ministry of Defense and U.K. defense enterprises to the expo to enhance cooperation ties.
General Vinh presented a letter from the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense to U.K. Minister of State at the Ministry of Defense Annabel Goldie, which invites her to co-chair the aforementioned second session.
Also, U.K. Minister of State at the Ministry of Defense Annabel Goldie presented a letter of the U.K. Defense Secretary that invites Vietnamese Minister of National Defense General Phan Van Giang to the U.K. in an official visit.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Third Vietnam-Australia defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, Australia hold third defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, RoK hold seventh defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam promotes multilateral cooperation, consolidates bilateral relationship
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- Vietnam, RoK look towards 100 bln USD trade by 2020
- Italian PM voices support for Vietnam’s UNSC non-permanent seat run
- Australian PM begins official visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam values relations with France: Party official
- Best time for Australian investors to enter Vietnam: dialogue
- Vietnam, Thailand seek to expand all-round ties
- Vietnam welcomes Russian companies to oil and gas projects in continental shelf
Vietnam-U.K.’s fourth defense policy dialogue held have 427 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.