Vietnam wants to learn from the experience of developed countries, including the U.K., in developing a financial center, National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue told the Acting Mayor of the City of London Peter Estlin.
He noted that the city of London was one of the biggest financial centers in the world.
Hue met Estlin during his June 28-30 official visit to the U.K.
Estlin said the U.K. was willing to partner with Vietnam at different levels, including developing a financial market and improving its business credit rating to grow the bond market.
He also expressed support for a partnership between U.K. banks and Vietnamese counterparts to help Ho Chi Minh City become a financial center.
In a draft plan published last February, HCMC seeks to establish an international financial center by 2030 with three main components: a monetary and banking market; a capital market; and a derivatives market.
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 5
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 15
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 8
- Financial System Faces Biggest Test Since 2008 as Coronavirus Spreads
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 11
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 9
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 21
Vietnam seeks UK assistance for HCMC financial center have 204 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.