Vietnamese leaders have sent congratulatory messages to leaders of the U.S. government and Congress on the occasion of the country's 246th Independence Day.
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh sent their congratulations to U.S. President Joe Biden on Monday, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Chairman of the National Assembly Vuong Dinh Hue also extended greetings to President of the Senate Kamala Harris and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi.
On the same day, Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son sent a congratulatory message to U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken.
Vietnam and the U.S. established bilateral relations in 1995, paving the way for a partnership of trust, friendship, and mutual respect.
The bilateral relationship is guided by the comprehensive partnership signed in 2013 and joint statements issued by the leaders of the two countries in 2015, 2016, and May and November 2017, according to the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
After lifting the ban on the sale of lethal weapons to Vietnam in May 2016, the U.S. continued to support the Southeast Asian country in maritime security, including handing over Hamilton-class coast guard ships to Vietnam in 2017 and 2020.
The people-to-people relations between the two countries have also developed rapidly, with tens of thousands of Vietnamese students having come to the U.S. to study, contributing nearly US$1 billion to the local economy.
- Ho Chi Minh City leaders congratulate Laotians on Bunpimay festival
- PM congratulates Khmer people on Chol Chnam Thmay festival
- Vietnam War Fast Facts
- International media, organizations hail Vietnam’s anti-pandemic efforts
- Vietnam Young Lions 2020 returns with many hot social issues
- KPMG celebrates diversity ahead of International Women's Day
- Latest covid-19 news in Vietnam and Southeast Asia on April 7 (updated hourly)
- European enterprises in Vietnam hit hard by COVID-19
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia April 11
- ISS Crew Congratulate Russians With Cosmonautics Day Celebrated Online Amid COVID-19 Spread
- PM: Vietnam maintaining support for virus-hit nations
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 10
Vietnam leaders congratulate US on 246th Independence Day have 345 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.