The IBF Asia lightweight champion will fight Jules Victoriano on July 30. The match will take place at The Grand Ho Tram Strip Resort in the southern beach town Vung Tau.
In April, at the IBF-WBO 4 Titles Match event, also hosted at The Grand Ho Tram, Quan defeated Delmar Pellio of the Philippines in the title match after 10 rounds. The victory helped Quan bring Vietnam the first title of the International Boxing Federation or IBF, one of the big four boxing federations in the world.
Quan's next opponent, Victoriano, is another talented Filipino boxer with 15 professional fights (11 wins, four losses and eight knockouts). Victoriano is 325th on the world ranking of lightweight boxers, while Quan is 228th.
So far, Quan has fought 10 professional matches in his career, with eight wins, one draw and one loss. Of these, Quan has won by knockout four times.
On the same day, another Vietnamese boxer will also step into the ring. Sam Minh Phat will fight Indonesia's Frengky Rohi.
- Muhammad Ali, legendary boxing champ, dies at age 74
- Joshua knocks out Breazeale to defend IBF heavyweight title
- Boxing champ Muhammad Ali — ‘The Greatest’ — dies in Phoenix at age 74
- Sor Rungvisai keeps belt with majority decision over Estrada
- Arum sees Lomachenko as boxing's next superstar
- Busy Boxing: Showtime unveils ambitious schedule
- Gennady Golovkin Could Lose IBF Title If He Fights Vanes Martirosyan
- The Latest: Ali admired for objection to Vietnam War
- Heavyweight champ Anthony Joshua makes it 17 KOs in 17 fights
- The Latest: Abdul-Jabbar recalls Ali tormenting opponents
- WBC heavyweight champ Wilder wins again, and now he waits
- WBC champ Wilder returns against unbeaten Washington
Vietnam boxing champ to defend IBF Asia belt against Filipino opponent have 262 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.