Hanoi (VNA) – The number of unemployed people in Vietnam stood at nearly 1.1 million in the first half of 2022, down 47,600 year-on-year, said an official from the General Statistics Office (GSO) at a press conference on in Hanoi on July 6.
There were around 410,300 people aged 15 – 24 without a job during the period, accounting for 36.8% of the total figure, Pham Hoai Nam, Director of the GSO's Department of Population and Labour, told the press conference held to announce the Q2 and H1 labour market updates .
The unemployment rate among persons of this age group living in urban areas was 9.21%, a year-on-year drop of 0.76 percentage point, he added.
Both unemployment and underemployment rates declined in Q2 compared to the previous quarter and the same period last year, GSO Deputy General Director Nguyen Trung Tien said.
The Q2 employment went up quarter-on-quarter and year-on-year, with a considerable rise reported in the service sector, Tien noted, adding that monthly average wage per person also increased.
Data from the GSO shows that the underemployed population was estimated at over 1.1 million, a year-on-year decrease of 30,200. The underemployment rate in urban areas stayed at 1.88%, lower than 2.85% in rural areas.
The number of employed people aged 15 and above reached 50.3 million from January-June, up 417,000 from a year earlier. The figure included 18.6 million in urban areas, up 762,000./.
- British unemployment rate drops to 6.0 pct in Aug.
- UK unemployment rate drops to 7.1%
- Australian unemployment rate drops in March
- UK unemployment rate drops to the lowest level in 4 years
- Leading brokerage firms see H1 profits drop
- Stock exchange profits plunge in H1
- U.S. job gains in June beat forecast, unemployment rate near 6-year low
- Ministry seeks new method to measure unemployment rate
- Education system blamed for high unemployment rate
- Global unemployment expected to rise by 3.2 mln in 2014: ILO
- What do unemployed university graduates do?
- Singapore unemployment rate remains low in H1
Unemployment, underemployment drop in H1 have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.