Hanoi (VNA) – Statistics reveal that traffic accidents have dropped in all three criteria of incidents, fatalities and injuries in the first five months of 2022.
This is equivalent to a decrease of 800 accidents (14.46%), 30 fatalities (1.07%), and 875 injuries (22.145) compared to the same period last year.
Reports from the Office of the Ministry of Transport (MoT) said that since the beginning of this year, there have been 4,733 traffic accidents , which resulted in 2,761 deaths and left 3,078 people injured.
The MoT has been working closely with other ministries, departments and localities to have a comprehensive and stringent action plan to effectively ensure traffic safety and order.
The ministry also places focus on newly-emerged accident-prone spots, enhancing security and traffic signage, raising awareness, and giving out instructions for traffic safety in unfavourable weather conditions .
The MoT's special forces have been working with authorities to strengthen patrols and address violations of overloading vehicles. They also focus on traffic safety on National Route 1 and Ho Chi Minh Road, and take measures to address the 41 flooded points in the Mekong Delta region.
Acknowledging that there are still multiple challenges head, chief of the MoT's office Nguyen Tri Duc said that in the future, departments under the ministry will continue to strengthen inspection and control of traffic safety and order, as well as COVID-19 preventive measures in transportation activities.
Priority will be given to the management of bus and railway stations, parking lots, waterway ports and airports, to improve efficiency and strengthen awareness of drivers and businesses in the transport sector./.
- Call for safer transport for workers including ban on using lorries after fatal accidents
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES MAY 2
- Tiger Woods crash report revealed: Speeding at 87mph – and he did not apply brakes
- Myanmar girl shares experience of moving to a 'whole new world' in S'pore with 24-hour electricity & drinkable tap water
- World Blood Donor Day 2021: People must come forward & donate, transfusion-related Covid is rare
- Para athlete teaches dribbling and diversity to Italian kids
- The Agency
- Where Brexit Hurts: The Nurses and Doctors Leaving London
- Canada Calls Halting Massive Oil Pipeline in Michigan 'Non-Negotiable'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MAY 5
- Apple locked users into its ecosystem. Tesla wants to do the same with its 'iPhone on wheels'
- A Woman Is Suing A State Trooper Who Flipped Her Car Over While She Was Pregnant
Traffic accidents decline in five months have 397 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.