The figure was up 15.9 percent year-on-year and up 9.4 percent from last month, according to a report from the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam.
The delay fights accounted for 18.2 percent of total flights operated by the country’s six carriers last month, it said.
Low-cost carrier Vietjet Air has the industry’s highest rate of flight delays at 24 percent, followed by Vietnam Airlines (20.1 percent).
CAAV said late-arriving aircraft was the main cause of delays in addition to other excuses like poor management and bad weather.
The Ministry of Transport said the increase in flight delays has triggered public outcry among passengers and damaged the industry’s reputation.
It ordered airlines to ensure flights are punctual, especially during the peak summer travel season.
In the first half of this year, the number of passengers going through Vietnam’s airports reached 43.35 million, a pickup of 65.5 percent from a year ago and equivalent to 76 percent of pre-pandemic levels, according to the CAAV.
The CAAV forecast airports nationwide would serve about 87.8 million passengers this year, jumping 190 percent from last year.
The figure includes five million foreign travelers, up 844 percent.
- Can Microsoft Flight Simulator's 2020 reboot solve the pilot shortage?
- Can Flight Simulator reboot save aviation?
- CM’s secy forgets visa power, holds up flight
- Vietnamese international outbound travel boom
- Photos: Protesters Force Hong Kong Airport to Cancel All Flights
- Parker Solar Probe: last-minute hitch delays flight to the sun
- Fertility News in June - How Gay Women and Men Figure in the Global Fertility Industry Now
- Thousands without power as Maritimes rocked by strong fall storm
- Thousands of power outages as Maritimes rocked by strong fall storm
- Indian villages lie empty as drought forces thousands to flee
- Airlines are scrambling to work out how to tell passengers they're flying on a 737 Max when it finally returns to service and how to avoid the 'chaos' it could cause if they get it wrong
- Vietnam national team receive warm welcome home from World Cup qualifiers
Thousands of Vietnamese flights delayed in June have 320 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.