Hanoi (VNA) – PetroVietnam Power Corporation (PV Power) reported a post-tax profit of 1.159 trillion VND (over 49.56 million USD) in the first six months of 2022, surpassing the target set for the entire year by 56%.
This year, PV Power ‘s profit plan has been adjusted down from its previously announced level. Therefore, its first-half post-tax profit , despite representing an annual decrease of 19%, still exceeded the yearly goal.
Also in the period, its electricity output reached 7.1 billion kWh, reducing by 25% year-on-year.
Nguyen Dinh Thi, head of PV Power’s economic planning department, said that with such output decrease, the company's revenue amounted to 14.865 trillion VND, equaling 61.3% of the yearly plan but down 5% compared to the same previous last year.
Meanwhile, mobilised electricity prices in the first half increased sharply, even hitting 2,000 VND per kWh sometimes.
In the last six months, PV Power is projected to face difficulties such as a recession of the world economy, an unfavorable rainy hydrological situation, and a series of overhauled factories, including the Ca Mau 1, Dakrinh and Nhon Trach 1./.
- SeABank achieves impressive pre-tax profit growth in 2019
- Bloomberg would pay $3 billion less under his wealth tax than under Sanders plan
- Petrochemical fertiliser firm reports slight drop in 2019 revenue, but profit gains sharply
- Bush Tax Cuts Worked Brilliantly, Argues Republican Economist Lawrence Kudlow
- NBA Power Rankings: Bucks still on top of trade deadline talk edition
- Pakistan asks IMF to reduce tax collection target
- Pakistan, IMF consider additional tax measures for mini-budget
- Samsung's Q2 profit halved from low memory demand
- Why the tax avoidance exposed by the Paradise Papers matters
- How China's push for cleaner air is pushing up Australian power prices
- Vietravel in choppy waters after CODIV 19 drives down profit
- DDT abolished: Nearly 60% high dividend yielding shares end in the red
PV Power’s first-half post-tax profit nears 1.16 trillion VND have 294 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.