The market surveillance officers of Binh Thuan visited a restaurant in the south-central Vietnamese province's tourist city of Phan Thiet on Wednesday morning to clarify a customer's complaint about its hefty charge of VND4.5 million (US$192) for cooking service.
The Hung Vuong restaurant in Phan Thiet City's Phu Thuy Ward welcomed a group of 48 tourists and one tour guide around lunchtime on Sunday, the facility's manager Nguyen Ngoc Phong said.
Having ordered their meal in advance, the tourist group brought along 18 kilograms of raw seafood they had purchased outside upon their arrival.
Although the restaurant rarely allowed customers to bring food outside into its premises, the two sides discussed and agreed on using the restaurant's service to cook the raw seafood with a charge of VND250,000 ($10.7) per kilogram that day, according to Phong.
Phong added the restaurant had given a discount on the cooking service charge versus the listed price of VND350,000 ($15) per kilogram after their negotiation.
|A price list shows the charge for cooking raw food that customers buy outside is VND350,000 ($15) per kilogram at the Hung Vuong restaurant in Phan Thiet City, Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam, July 6, 2022. Photo: Duc Trong / Tuoi Tre|
The tourist group paid the total amount of VND4.5 million for the cooking service before complaining about the price a few days later.
Phong said that his restaurant does not benefit much from providing customers with the cooking service, not to mention taking the responsibility for any mishaps related to the outside food.
He expected understanding and sympathy from the customers if they had a disappointing experience at the restaurant.
At the end of Wednesday's inspection, officers of the Binh Thuan Market Surveillance Agency said they need to listen to the customers in question before drawing a conclusion.
They added that the Hung Vuong restaurant managed to present all documents they required during the working session.
- Fredericksburg Restaurant Inspections: Primo Pizza, Charlie G's
- After criticism over service charge by restaurants, NRAI says no illegality in doing so
- Govt Questions Compulsory Inclusion of Service Charge, Calls For Meeting on June 2: NRAI Responds
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Subscribe to a Meal Kit Delivery Service
- Why your favorite Denver restaurants are raising prices, slashing hours or closing altogether
- Shooting attacks on Asian American businesses leave employees fearful, customers concerned
- The under 25s powering our cafes and restaurants
- 5 foreign holiday destinations at Rs 2 lakh: Smart ways to budget your money
- The Rise and Fall of an All-Star Crew of Jewel Thieves
- Millions ‘knocking on starvation’s door’ after Ukraine war, warns UN
- From earning £240 watching telly to making cash selling your iPhone BOX, these 30 simple tips will make you extra money
- Kerry Warns Congress About Risk of ‘Screwing’ the Ayatollah
Phan Thiet restaurant inspected after charging $192 for cooking service despite advance agreement with customers have 469 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.