He briefed his host on the outcomes of his talks and meetings with Vietnamese officials, affirming that Russia has attached much importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership with Vietnam, and supported ASEAN’s central role in the region.
Lavrov thanked Vietnam for making contributions to the enhancement of Russia-ASEAN relations over the past years, and highlighted Russia's viewpoints on international issues, including the conflict in Ukraine.
Trong underscored the significance of the Russian FM’s visit at a time when the two countries are celebrating the 10th founding anniversary of their comprehensive strategic partnership.
Reviewing important achievements that Vietnam has gained in all fields during the process of comprehensive reform as well as the country’s recognized position and prestige in the international arena, the Party leader affirmed that Vietnam always treasures and memorizes the assistance from international friends, including the former Soviet Union and Russia at present, during its past struggles for national independence and periods of national development.
Within its foreign policy of independence, self-reliance, peace, friendship, cooperation and development, multilateralization and diversification of external relations, Vietnam has attached great importance to its comprehensive strategic partnership and cooperation with Russia, he said.
Trong stated Vietnam's viewpoints on international issues of mutual concern in line with the country's consistent external policy, including the use of dialogues and negotiations for the peaceful settlement of differences and international disputes.
With this external policy and the spirit of being a friend, a trustworthy and an active and responsible member of the international community, Vietnam is willing to make contributions to the promotion of international peace, stability and cooperation, he stressed.
The Party leader asked Lavrov to convey his regards to Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chairman of the United Russia Party Dmitry Medvedev.
- The path Boris Johnson took to resigning as foreign secretary
- Trump considering who will be next White House chief of staff
- Boris Johnson's brother quits Parliament over Brexit impasse as prime minister accuses opposition of ‘cowardly insult to democracy’
- PM Modi meets Russian President Vladimir Putin; discusses issues of mutual interests
- Martin McGuinness resigns as deputy first minister of Northern Ireland
- Putin-Trump meeting inspires cautious optimism: Russian diplomat
- I spectated prime minister's questions
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Chinese Vice Foreign Minister in Islamabad to defuse Indo-Pak tensions
- For Boris Johnson’s wife, it’s one affair too many. But his party doesn’t care
- Ubisoft brings Werewolf party game to virtual reality
- May faces rebellion over Brexit as MPs call for vote and transition deal
Party chief receives Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs have 527 words, post on m.sggpnews.org.vn at July 6, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.