Hanoi, (VNA) – The following is a list of selected news summaries over the weekend by the Vietnam News Agency.
– Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has ordered faster administration of the third and fourth doses of COVID-19 vaccine as part of measures against the unpredictable pandemic situation, especially when the sub-variant BA.5 has appeared in Vietnam and raised the risk of a new wave of coronavirus infections.
– National Assembly (NA) Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue’s visits to Hungary and the UK from June 26-30 concluded successfully, thus greatly promoting the Vietnam-Hungary comprehensive partnership and deepening the Vietnam-UK strategic partnership, said Vu Hai Ha, Chairman of the NA’s Commission for External Relations.
Ha told the press that the NA leader's visit to Hungary, the first comprehensive partner of Vietnam in Central and Eastern Europe, took place when the two countries have just celebrated the 72nd founding anniversary of diplomatic relations and are looking towards the 5th founding anniversary of comprehensive partnership. Read full story
– Vietnam resolutely opposes and demands Taiwan to cancel live-fire drills in the waters around Ba Binh island belonging to Vietnam's Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelago and not to repeat similar violations in the future, Spokeswoman of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thi Thu Hang said on July 2.
– Some media agencies in Italy highlighted Vietnam's economic links with Europe and achievements in ensuring human rights when covering a recent tour of some European countries by National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
In an article about Vietnam's trade and investment links with Italy and Europe, the La Città Futura newspaper said Vietnam is effectively implementing the commitments in the free trade agreements with the EU (EVFTA) and the UK (UKVFTA). Read full story
– Leaders of the Party and State of Cuba have received a delegation of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labout (VGCL) in Havana, describing the relations between Vietnamese and Cuban workers as a core factor of the special solidarity and friendship between the two countries.
The VGCL delegation met with Roberto Morales Ojeda, Politburo member and Secretary in charge of organisation affairs of the Communist Party of Cuba; Esteban Lazo Hernández, Politburo member and President of the National Assembly of the People's Power; Homero Acosta Álvarez, member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the National Assembly of the People's Power and the Council of State; and Salvador Valdés Mesa, Politburo member and Vice President of Cuba. Read full story
– As many countries in the world have limited food exports to guarantee domestic food security, rice – a staple in most of Asia – is forecast to witness surging prices in the time ahead, which is said to be a chance for Vietnam – one of the world's largest rice exporters.
– The Lao government has "green-lighted" a feasibility study on a railway route connecting the Vientiane capital with Thakhek in central Khammouane province, part of the Laos-Vietnam Railway Project (LVRP). Under a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) just signed by the Lao government with the Lao Petroleum Trading Lao Public Company (PetroTrade), the LVRP, which is a high-speed electrified railway project, has a length of about 452km, with total investment of 5 billion USD. Read full story /.
- Morning Digest: Capital turns into a fortress for Independence Day celebrations; MEA says LAC disengagement calls for reciprocal actions, and more
- Morning Digest: Will fight for return of our rights, says Farooq Abdullah; One dead, seven injured in Mahad building collapse; and more
- Morning Digest: SC to pronounce verdict in Prashant Bhushan contempt case; ED pushes plea against acquittals in 2G case, and more
- Morning Digest: Memo indicates that PM CARES was set up by the Centre; Union Home Ministry orders withdrawal of 10,000 paramilitary troops from J&K, and more
- Morning Digest: Dhoni, Raina bid adieu to international cricket; will stand with India if elected, says Joe Biden; and more
- Morning Digest: Not possible to fully block Chinese companies, say officials; Pakistan denies Dawood Ibrahim’s presence in its territory, and more
- Morning Digest: India to protest Pakistan claims on terror at U.N., JeM chief among 19 in NIA charge sheet for the 2019 Pulwama terror attack case, and more
- Morning Digest: At Opposition meeting, CMs plan to move Supreme Court on JEE, NEET; Jaish-e-Mohammad’s role in Pulwama attack established with FBI’s help, and more
- Morning Digest: Centre warns of alleged terror plot by Pakistan, SC to pronounce judgment on PM-CARES today, and more
- Morning Digest: Supreme Court overreacted in Prashant Bhushan case, says Soli Sorabjee; India’s COVID-19 tally crosses 3 million, and more
- Morning Digest: Sheikh Hasina discusses two-year road map with India Foreign Secretary; Curbs on Chinese FDI hit GM plans to exit India, and more
- News digest: The prime minister proposes pupils wear masks at the beginning of the school year
☀ Morning digest on July 4 have 954 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.