Police in Ho Chi Minh City, southern Vietnam, have put a 63-year-old Taiwanese man on wanted list for allegedly smuggling.
The wanted man is Lin Yung Hsiang, who was prosecuted on charges of smuggling on June 1 but fled away later, the municipal police said Saturday.
The smuggling was conducted through the legal status of southern Binh Duong Province-based Trang Bach Production and Trading Company, and the smuggled cargo was delivered to the city's Cat Lai Port.
Lin, the company's owner, hired people to carry out customs procedures to intentionally import goods that were not the same as in the customs declaration form submitted, police said.
The customs agency requested that the shipment be returned to the consignor, but Lin continued to hire people to seek ways to import the cargo containing food and consumer goods.
The value of the smuggled goods was estimated at some VND620 million (US$26,600), police said.
Such acts were enough to constitute the crime of smuggling, investigators stated.
After determining that the suspect had fled from his temporary residence, the city's police issued a arrest warrant against him on June 27.
Investigators called for Lin to give himself up to police to enjoy the leniency policy of the laws of Vietnam.
Everyone has the right to arrest the suspect and escort him to any nearest police station, people's committee or people's procuracy, investigators said.
The arrest and detention of the suspect should be promptly reported to the city's police, they added.
- Police release eerie sketch of wide-mouthed burglary suspect
- Police operation in NYC lures bad guys with iPhones and iPads
- Waffle House suspect, Taylor Swift and the obsessions of dangerous fans
- Serial killer's wife suspected Yates was having affairs
- Luxury castle and restaurant of Khaisilk sold to Chloe Hospitality
- Midtown – The first multi-national self-contained complex of Phu My Hung
- Growing momentum in semiconductor manufacturing in Vietnam
- Vietnam Semiconductor Strategy Summit keynotes and highlights announced
- SEMI member delegation to visit Vietnamese Central Government and High-Tech Parks in Hanoi
- Weekend tech reading: Is it time to give Firefox another chance?
- US$50 million for Vietnam’s aviation training center
- If you could live anywhere on earth, this website tells you what you could afford
Ho Chi Minh City police hunt for suspected Taiwanese smuggler have 382 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.