Total visitors to Ho Chi Minh City exceeded 11 million in the first six months of this year, the city's deputy chairwoman Phan Thi Thang reported at a seminar held in north-central Nghe An Province on Friday afternoon.
The figure, including nearly 500,000 international arrivals, represented an increase of 43 percent over the same period last year.
The southern metropolis' total tourism revenue hit nearly VND50 trillion (US$2.14 billion) during the January-June period, up nearly 30 percent year-on-year.
"The connection [between Ho Chi Minh City and other localities] has created a resilience of tourism in each province and city, thereby contributing to improving their tourism competitiveness and Vietnam's on an international scale," Thang said.
Friday's seminar marked the introduction of the sixth joint tourism development program linking with Ho Chi Minh City after the first five between the southern city and 13 provinces and cities in the Mekong Delta, the southeast region, the expanded northwest region, and the northeast region.
The administration of Ho Chi Minh City is expected to collaborate with its counterparts in the central region to promote tourism activities under this sixth program.
- Ho Chi Minh City invests $188 million in science park
- Where to Stay, and Where to Eat Noodle Soup, in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City, New Zealand boost trade
- International funds for Ho Chi Minh City sustainable urban development
- Ho Chi Minh City to organise bid for Metro Line No.5-phase II
- Vietnam Dairy 2019 kicks off in Ho Chi Minh City
- Malaysian Food Festival to be held in Ho Chi Minh City
- Toong opens new co-working space in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City puts best foot forward at New Delhi travel and tourism trade show
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes broadening visa exemption
- Ho Chi Minh City issued 31 modern living criteria
- Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange's market cap equals 57% of GDP in H1
Ho Chi Minh City greets over 11 million visitors in first half of 2022 have 324 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.