The fruit, grown in Bac Giang province, is being served to business class passengers on the national flag carrier 's domestic and international routes from Hanoi from July 1-15.
The move aims to introduce the specialty to both domestic and foreign passengers and expand cooperation with businesses and localities to promote Vietnamese agricultural products to the world.
Since June 24, Vietnam Airlines has coordinated with Bac Giang province to promote lychee on e-commerce platform VNAMall.
Phan The Tuan, Vice Chairman of the Bac Giang People's Committee, underscored that the province is home to the country's largest lychee-growing area of over 28,000 hectares. Bac Giang's lychee was the first Vietnamese product to be granted PGIC in Japan and is eligible for trademark protection in eight countries.
"Bac Giang has 15,400 hectares of VietGAP lychee plantations, equivalent to an annual output of 125,000 tonnes, and 102 hectares of GlobalGAP plantations, equivalent to over 1,000 tonnes," he said.
The vice chairman also noted that Bac Giang's lychee is now available in over 30 countries.
He said the province will continue to boost lychee exports to high-end markets and try to gain entry into new markets, including Canada and Thailand./.
- Losses of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines are less than expected
- Mango put on Vietnam Airlines in-flight menu
- Issuance plan propels flag carrier’s fortunes
- All Vietnamese airlines suspend int'l flights
- Vietnam’s airlines resume normal schedule of domestic flights
- Vietnam Airlines to resume flights to Van Don Airport on March 3
- Vietnam operates first direct flight to US to repatriate citizens
- Airlines increase flights to attractive tourist destinations
- 'It's a miracle,' Dutch officials say as stowaway survives London to Holland flight in freezing temperatures
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
- Vietnam Airlines brings British, Vietnamese nationals home amid global lockdown
Fresh lychee on national flag carrier’s in-flight menu have 338 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.