The Vietnamese Ministry of Health on Tuesday reported an additional 989 Covid-19 infections, raising the country’s total tally to over 10.75 million.
According to the ministry’s report, most of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 43 out of 63 localities in the country.
As of Tuesday evening, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to over 10.75 million.
On July 5, an additional 9,759 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to over 9.72 million.
On Tuesday evening, one death related to Covid-19 was recorded, raising the total fatalities to 43,089, accounting for 0.4 per cent of total infections.
Speaking at a Monday meeting, deputy minister of health Nguyen Thi Lien Huong said that the pandemic was currently evolving in a complicated and unpredictable manner in the world following the resurgence of subvariants BA.4 and BA.5 of the Omicron variant.
“If the immunity declines in the community along with people's apathy towards vaccinations as well as Covid-19 prevention measures, there will be a high risk of a resurgence of the pandemic,” she said. “Notably, the subvariant BA.5 of the Omicron variant has been reported in Vietnam.”
- Box Office Report: 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Tops Thursday With $10.5 Million
- MIPCOM: Why Jeffrey Katzenberg Offered 'Breaking Bad' Creators $75 Million for Three More Episodes
- Woman dies from heroin withdrawal in Pa. jail; family awarded $4.75 million
- AnaptysBio raises $75 million in initial public offering
- 'Doctor Who' Anniversary Special on BBC Averages 10.2 Million Viewers
- 'Doctor Who' Anniversary Special Grosses $10.2 Million Globally in Cinemas
- Europa Cinemas rises to 38 million admissions in 2015
- Pharmacogenomics Market to Surpass 10,265 Million by 2025
- Persimmon to release first-half results following Bank rate rise
- Arsenal Confirm Adidas Kit Deal For $391 Million Over 5 Years: Report
- Mega Millions prize up to $654M, 4th largest in US history
- Turtle Beach Agrees to Acquire Roccat for $19.2 Million
Covid-19 caseload rises to over 10.75 million in Vietnam have 317 words, post on dtinews.vn at July 5, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.